Earphones & Earphone Connectors

zrmaxwell

As far as earphones are concerned, which connector do you prefer? Two-Pin 0.78mm or MMCX? 

Two-Pin 0.78mm earphone examples: MoonDrop Aria 2
MoonDrop Starfield
Blon BL-Series earphones

MMCX earphone examples: FiiO FH-Series (FH1s, FH3, FH5/FH5s, FH7, FH9), FiiO FD-Series (FD1, FD3, FD5, FD7)
Shure SE-Series (SE215 thru SE846)

Both connectors are easy to come by when earphone cables are concerned, but i prefer the two-pin 0.78mm connectors now (I used to like mmcx, but durability is questionable for me, as some have been too tight at the connection end, leading to my earphones or the cable, or both, breaking apart.)

I have plans to buy the MoonDrop Aria, as it seems to a pretty great budget option, and it should compliment my choices in music. 

What in ear audiophile-esc headphones are you using currently? What other ones do you have your eyes on as far as a potential future purchase is concerned? 

Please be kind in the comments! 

Depends if I'm moving around while using then I prefer mmcx they are less prone to just kinds sliding off through cable tension. While 2 pin is nice cause it's overall more durable. IEM wise currently liking a pair of final e3000 that were gifted to me. But normally use a pair of tin t4. I'm not super interested and iems so I'm quite content with my little collection. 

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Depends if I'm moving around while using then I prefer mmcx they are less prone to just kinds sliding off through cable tension. While 2 pin is nice cause it's overall more durable. 

Yeah, That's a good point.

I wish IEM manufacturers gave customers the option of a 2 pin or mmcx version of a product. That way we could choose based on preference.