Would denon AV Receiver with bookshelf speakers be good for gaming.

quetch

Looking for a new audio system cause im tired on how shitty and priced up pc speakers sound. Would a denon hifi system or something else iv missed be a better option.

At a desk? The receiver would be overkill. There's plenty of active bookshelf speakers that would suit the bill. Micca PB42X is well reviewed - I have a set myself.

1 hour ago, ShearMe said:

At a desk? The receiver would be overkill. There's plenty of active bookshelf speakers that would suit the bill. Micca PB42X is well reviewed - I have a set myself.

Thank you very much I'll have a look.   Do they have any dead spots of your facing a slightly different angle from the speaker.

Have you considered investing in proper over ear headphones instead of speakers? I rarely use speakers anymore as comfortable headsets (to me anyway) are just more immersive for gaming and also for music also work great even over longer periods. 

If this isn't an option for you a receiver like you want is an option but might be a bit overkill and will have a fairly large footprint. As already pointed out powered bookshelf speakers are a good alternative. Edifier also makes various well received models, for example: 

And a few more models which offer mostly more features (like line out, bluetooth, etc) depending on the price point. 

I have the R1280T which for me are excellent but as I said earlier I mostly use my headphones and mostly just use the speakers when watching movies together with someone. So I'd recommend you check out some reviews from other people as well 😉

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

15 minutes ago, quetch said:

Thank you very much I'll have a look.   Do they have any dead spots of your facing a slightly different angle from the speaker.

No near-field monitor should have dead spots. Best practice is to angle them slightly, making an equilateral triangle with your head, but that's not 100% necessary for casual listening.

17 hours ago, quetch said:

Looking for a new audio system cause im tired on how shitty and priced up pc speakers sound. Would a denon hifi system or something else iv missed be a better option.

If you're willing to equalize in software (PEACE is a pretty good option), passive bookshelf speakers and a compact 2 channel amplifier may work well (or powered monitors). A basic measurement mic with a phone/tablet acting as an RTA can work wonders as a tuning aid.

17 hours ago, quetch said:

What's your budget, do you need any specific features? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

I'd try to find a regular (preferably small) amplifier rather than an AVR. 

The problem with an AVR is that it packs a whole bunch of sh!t into one cheap package, so each individual aspect generally stinks.