Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering where does this wire goes

sean77
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Tech87,

That's typically a laptop charger, but some desktops use them as well. The circle plug should be located on the back of your desktop.

That's a power wire. If this is a laptop it'll go into the charging brick. If it's for a desktop, it'll go into the power supply to give it power.

What did this come with?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

That's a power wire. If this is a laptop it'll go into the charging brick. If it's for a desktop, it'll go into the power supply to give it power.

What is this for?

66739870-9608-444A-B668-17102C6E088D.thumb.jpeg.6a09c284d904a22397f4116b1a187434.jpegi plugged that in to the ac adapter thing then whats this for (its a desktop)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, sean77 said:

plugged that in to the ac adapter thing then whats this for

That will plug into the side of your laptop to charge it. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

That will plug into the side of your laptop to charge it. 

Im not using a laptop im using a desktop cpu and monitor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's typically a laptop charger, but some desktops use them as well. The circle plug should be located on the back of your desktop.

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If I helped you out, please leave a thumbs up. It's appreciated.

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, sean77 said:

Im not using a laptop im using a desktop cpu and monitor

Then it's probably to your monitor. What did these cables come with?

 

16 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

What did this come with?

 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

Project Hot Box

CPU 12900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aero G, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz (2x16), GPU AMD Radeon 6800 XT FE, Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR sf600, Cooling Noctua NH-D15, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2035, Scarlett Solo, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Schiit Magni, Modi Loki mini stack. 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPU Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, 5x Seagate IronWolf 8tb NAS(ZFS1), PSU Corsair RM1000x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans, OS Unraid

 

Why is the 5800x so hot?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sean77 said:

66739870-9608-444A-B668-17102C6E088D.thumb.jpeg.6a09c284d904a22397f4116b1a187434.jpegi plugged that in to the ac adapter thing then whats this for (its a desktop)

my monitor uses a power supply like that, maybe that's what it goes to. psu cables on a tower usually look like this: Amazon.com: Tripp Lite Heavy-Duty Computer Power Cord 14AWG 15A (NEMA 5-15P  to IEC-320-C13) 2-ft.(P007-002) : Electronics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more context here. Don't just post close up images. What are these cables hooked up to? What kind of system do you have? What ports does it have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there (or were there) any other peripherals used with your system? Maybe it was used by an old device that was removed and the power brick and cable left behind? That kind of power cord could easily have belonged to...

  • Speakers
  • External Hard drives
  • Displays
  • Printers
  • Scanners
  • External Hard Drive Dock
  • Network Switch

 

If you can provide a picture of the power brick and its power rating we might be able to better guess or identify what it is supposed to go to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×