Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ICC profile wont load on Windows 10 startup.

Vyse

Hi guys,

im using an old monitor (Asus PG278QR, TN Panel) and always used a color profile. The profile also changed brightness and contrast / black levels, so when applying it, it was immediately noticeable, on the Dekstop aswell as Chrome / Discord / everywhere (so no profile which you only can see in Photoshop, Gimp etc).

I recently installed DisplayCal (+Argyll), hoping I can do some tuning to one of my new monitors, but sadly you also need the hardware for it.

I returned the new monitor (LG IPS) and decided to uninstall DisplayCal, and stick with my old Asus.

Since then my ICC profile wont load at windows startup anymore, it is always set as the standard profile, the "use my settings for this device" checkmark is checked, the "use windows calibration" checkmark is also checked.

My question is, is there anyway to fix this, or did DisplayCal maybe leave some traces in Windows / the registry, and if so, is there software to check if DisplayCal has been completely removed.

Thanks!

The windows ICC profile loader is pretty bad. If you want to use an ICC profile i'd recommend to install DisplayCal just to also get the DisplayCal Profile Loader. It's much more consistent than the built in windows-tool with making sure your ICC profile is always active. Or maybe you didn't uninstall the profile loader so that is the cause of your issue because it overwrites the windows settings for your ICC profile.

About monitor marketing BS

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C