I am planning on building my first self-build pc and want to know if the parts fit

ProbablyNotYou
Go to solution Solved by brob,

CPU with integrated graphics work well with discreet GPU. If desired iGPU can usually be disabled in the BIOS.

The i5-1140 would offer marginally better performance. Mostly I made the suggestion as it would allow use of the system while waiting for GPU pricing and availability to improve. If the plan is to hold off acquisition until a GPU is secured, then you will need to re-examine configuration options at that time.

Budget (including currency): 1.100 Euros (without gpu)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Valorant, Rocket League, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sea of Thieves, Gta V

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am trying to build my first self-build gaming pc, on which I will probably play games like Minecraft, Valorant, Sea of thieves, Strategy Games like Civ 6, but also Shooters like Gta and Battlefield. For that I have made a part picker list without a gpu and a monitor I want to use. With buying a gpu I want to wait until the prices drop, but I am hoping for something like a rtx 3060 for 500 euros or smth.

I am hoping for verification, if the parts I picked are compatible and reasonable, and not completely dumb.

So, I would really appreaciate help for my build and am open for any suggestions.

My part picker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YrRPt8

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€173.75 @ Senetic)
Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (€121.40 @ Alza)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€66.99 @ Corsair DE)
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€84.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  (€79.25 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€68.89 @ Caseking)
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  (€341.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €937.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-28 17:20 CET+0100

Basically cheaper version of your list with alternatives that are just as good or better. PSU should be sufficent for a 3060ti/3060. If you don't need wifi on the MOBO then this is a good motherboard - https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/zpH7YJ/msi-mag-b560m-bazooka-micro-atx-lga1200-motherboard-mag-b560m-bazooka

WIth the savings you can save for a better GPU
, if you want ofc.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

8 minutes ago, Downkey said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€173.75 @ Senetic)
Motherboard: MSI B560M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (€121.40 @ Alza)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€66.99 @ Corsair DE)
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€84.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  (€79.25 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€68.89 @ Caseking)
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor  (€341.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €937.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-28 17:20 CET+0100

Basically cheaper version of your list with alternatives that are just as good or better. PSU should be sufficent for a 3060ti/3060. If you don't need wifi on the MOBO then this is a good motherboard - https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/zpH7YJ/msi-mag-b560m-bazooka-micro-atx-lga1200-motherboard-mag-b560m-bazooka

WIth the savings you can save for a better GPU
, if you want ofc.

Thanks for the response. I am wondering, if I can also use the Cooler Master TD500 mesh as a case or if it isn't compatible with the parts?

2 hours ago, ProbablyNotYou said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft, Valorant, Rocket League, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sea of Thieves, Gta V

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am trying to build my first self-build gaming pc, on which I will probably play games like Minecraft, Valorant, Sea of thieves, Strategy Games like Civ 6, but also Shooters like Gta and Battlefield. For that I have made a part picker list without a gpu and a monitor I want to use. With buying a gpu I want to wait until the prices drop, but I am hoping for something like a rtx 3060 for 500 euros or smth.

I am hoping for verification, if the parts I picked are compatible and reasonable, and not completely dumb.

So, I would really appreaciate help for my build and am open for any suggestions.

Decent build. You might consider going with Cooler Master fans (to match the case fans) or other RGB fans compatible with the motherboard's Mystic Light lighting sync.

The i5-10400f does not have an iGPU. Did you consider an i5-11400?

Scythe Fuma 2 comes with thermal compound. You likely won't need more.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

21 hours ago, brob said:

The i5-10400f does not have an iGPU. Did you consider an i5-11400?

Thank you for the response!

I always thought that processors with integrated graphics aren't compatible with dedicated GPUs (in my case hopefully a rtx 3060).

But if that is the case, than I would consider it. So would then the i5-11400 work better than the i5-10400F ?

CPU with integrated graphics work well with discreet GPU. If desired iGPU can usually be disabled in the BIOS.

The i5-1140 would offer marginally better performance. Mostly I made the suggestion as it would allow use of the system while waiting for GPU pricing and availability to improve. If the plan is to hold off acquisition until a GPU is secured, then you will need to re-examine configuration options at that time.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, ProbablyNotYou said:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/PrCDp2

uses 12th gen alder lake platform

nvm, I think I misread 1.100 Euros as 1,100 Euros, lol

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

49 minutes ago, ProbablyNotYou said:

Thank you for the response!

I always thought that processors with integrated graphics aren't compatible with dedicated GPUs (in my case hopefully a rtx 3060).

But if that is the case, than I would consider it. So would then the i5-11400 work better than the i5-10400F ?

you need to have a gpu in your system, or you will have no output, which is why motherboards have HDMI/DP ports

an 11400F won't post, meaning no output

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄