Not sure which phone to get (Android)

whatishacks

Title

Not looking to move to apple.

I currently have an S10 which is great because of the expandable storage.

I mostly use my phone for music and general stuff, and sometimes gaming when I am bored.  I'm a heavy user for the most part.

here's what im looking for:

Battery: Preferably 6+hrs.

Camera: Obviously better than my S10 is a must

Display: Not too picky

Screen size: I want something bigger than my S10

Speed/Performance: I need it to be snappy.

Storage: Well, 256gb is probably what i want since thats what my S10 has(128 internal+128microsd).  I know most phones dont have microSd...

I was looking at the s21 ultra and Fold 3.  Leaning towards fold 3 for the OPTION to have a bigger screen when needed.

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

6 hours ago, whatishacks said:

Title

Not looking to move to apple.

I currently have an S10 which is great because of the expandable storage.

I mostly use my phone for music and general stuff, and sometimes gaming when I am bored.  I'm a heavy user for the most part.

here's what im looking for:

Battery: Preferably 6+hrs.

Camera: Obviously better than my S10 is a must

Display: Not too picky

Screen size: I want something bigger than my S10

Speed/Performance: I need it to be snappy.

Storage: Well, 256gb is probably what i want since thats what my S10 has(128 internal+128microsd).  I know most phones dont have microSd...

I was looking at the s21 ultra and Fold 3.  Leaning towards fold 3 for the OPTION to have a bigger screen when needed.

I'd pass on the Fold 3.  It's more mature than it has been, but there are concerns about longevity for foldable screens (Samsung's ultra-thin glass might still crack). Lots of apps also don't take full advantage of the folding screen.

I'd say either the Pixel 6 Pro or S21 Ultra. They'll both fit the bill, and you'll spend much less. You could roll the savings from the Fold 3 into wireless earbuds, or at least an earlier upgrade down the line. The Pixel 6 Pro doesn't have the S21U's sheer zoom or the Samsung ecosystem, but it may take better overall shots and has a cleaner UI with much faster OS updates.