Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When booting into bios the screen is black.

Snowz
 Share

Go to solution Solved by dilpickle,

What kind of monitor do you have. It might be that the BIOS screen is running at a resolution that is not supported by your monitor.

 

Do you have another monitor plugged in or maybe a VR headset. It might be showing the BIOS screen there.

Hey, recently I have noticed I cant get into my BIOS. When i spam the delete key my screen stays black. When i press esc then enter (to exit bios) it goes into windows.

 

CPU: 11400f

Motherboard: Asrock b560m pro4/ac

GPU: rtx 3060

 

Any help is appreciated as i want to enable resizeable bar and xmp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snowz said:

Hey, recently I have noticed I cant get into my BIOS. When i spam the delete key my screen stays black. When i press esc then enter (to exit bios) it goes into windows.

 

CPU: 11400f

Motherboard: Asrock b560m pro4/ac

GPU: rtx 3060

 

Any help is appreciated as i want to enable resizeable bar and xmp.

That’s odd.  Looks like you’re running the bios but it’s not displaying.  I’ve never seen that before myself.  I assume if you do nothing it just goes straight to windows?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s odd.  Looks like you’re running the bios but it’s not displaying.  I’ve never seen that before myself.  I assume if you do nothing it just goes straight to windows?

Long time no see...

If i dont spam delete it goes straight into windows, skips the splash screen and everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Snowz said:

Long time no see...

If i dont spam delete it goes straight into windows, skips the splash screen and everything.

There’s a way to force that. it’s usually in bios though and it will generally show the bios if used.  There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the hardware, because windows does show.  Delete is often just an alternate key to inturupt.  There are often others as well.  Does your manual list any other key combos to do that?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s a way to force that. it’s usually in bios though and it will generally show the bios if used.  There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the hardware, because windows does show.  Delete is often just an alternate key to inturupt.  There are often others as well.  Does your manual list any other key combos to do that?

I’ve tried using F2, same story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Snowz said:

I’ve tried using F2, same story.

Drat.  Had some small hopes.  Not surprising though.  The bios is running or windows wouldn’t load.  It’s just not visible, and because of that not manipulative except blind.  Something in the motherboard is saying “hide the bios screen” or something is broken and preventing it from being displayed.  I don’t know which.  Some low probability cheap shots:

What about maybe disconnecting all drives? That way the thing has no where to go.  Either get a black screen or display some sort of error about not having an OS in. The latter would actually be a bit of a win, sort of.  Might say something about where it stops doing that.  Might get lucky and the whole thing comes up. Might be something in the manual too i suppose. Some keystroke or other that toggled bios display off.  If this is the case hitting it again might cause the whole thing to pop back up. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of monitor do you have. It might be that the BIOS screen is running at a resolution that is not supported by your monitor.

 

Do you have another monitor plugged in or maybe a VR headset. It might be showing the BIOS screen there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

What kind of monitor do you have. It might be that the BIOS screen is running at a resolution that is not supported by your monitor.

 

Do you have another monitor plugged in or maybe a VR headset. It might be showing the BIOS screen there.

Ooh!  I like that.  

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×