Halo Infinite PC folks are killing me faster than I'm killing them.

Burned_Follower

I noticed this with the online multiplayer side of the Halo MCC and Halo Infinite, where I nearly empty entire clips by the time I kill one person, but that same person can literally kill me in two-three shots. 

I understand that a lot of this has to do with skill, whether or not if I'm pulling a Leroy Jenkins manuver or if I'm sticking with my team like I'm supposed to, whether or not I'm 'doing the dance' when going toe to toe with someone, etc. 

But from skills aside, this is a consistant issue and I hear other folks I play with complain about the same issue. Usually this type of conversation goes towards 'how well is my internet connecton'. Well, according to speedtest.net, my internet connection is this: 

Ping: 19ms

Download: 122.01 Mbps

Upload: 8.87 Mbps

My keyboard/mouse are not wireless, so no lag there. 

I got 64gb of RAM, i910850k CPU(watercooled), and an RTX 3090(and it doesn't overheat when I'm playing Halo)

So anyone else know what's going on here? And don't tell me that "it's because I suck" lol. I'm not complaining, I'm simply curious. I'm enjoying the hell out of Halo Infinite multiplayer despite this issue. I'm only curious about this. 🙂

Well, your upload sucks and they're hit retention is better than yours because at that speed, since it is not constant in a game, hit register is not always registered. had this problem a decade ago when I have shitty internet of 250/25 pretty much solve it still had a few but it was fine then went to 300/60. I would say minimum is 50 upload. And since they offered fiber optic 1 gbs up and down I took it ever since area 7 years ago when they started at my. I am surprised that those speed are still around unless you are in a rural area/satellite. My LTE is 150/150 near antenna but is almost always 50/50 in it's speed.

Also check your play server place. I had a few lagging kill of myself, as 15 bullets shoot at the same time and register at same time over than other player. Had some lively drunken bar language from the other player in the chat. Still got killed and frustrated more than I got lucky when playing like this. Though these days it is almost one sided in the equation.

Speaking as someone pretty decent at infinite (plat 3 btw), a lot has to do with headshots.

A BR can kill in like 2 shots (abt half a burst) from a burst if sheilds are poped, but body shot takes like 2 or 3 full bursts.

Plus, the AR is pretty in accurate still, it usually takes me a clip to kill with it while I can get 2 or 3 kills off a br

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

out of curiosity, can I take down shields faster in halo infinite if I aim for the head? Because I usually don't go for the head unless I 'know' that that person's shields are down or almost down. 

They will go down the same if aiming for the head over body. HS only matter for 1sk weapons with shields up. I'd focus on BR skill, it shreds in this game. Add teamshotting to the mix and the TTK is crazy low.

Also make sure to do this if you haven't

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra