Nakamichi 9.2.4 or HT-A9 with SA-SW5?

Neko_UwU

So when i move i'll be getting an audio upgrade, and i was wondering which would be better;

Also i'm an audio Noob, but from what i've seen these are really good options

Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 - https://www.amazon.com/Nakamichi-Shockwafe-Ultra-9-2Ch-DTS/dp/B07HHZ94BW/

OR
HT-A9 - https://electronics.sony.com/audio/soundbars/all-soundbars/p/hta9
With one - https://electronics.sony.com/audio/soundbars/all-soundbars/p/sasw5

Naka possible Pro's:

-Two 10" subs, that from what i can see are 470w each (i might be wrong though);
-Cheaper by almost $1,000

-Has a center channel

Sony pro's:

-Way easier setup (only power wired, a lot less cables ran/used than naka)

-

They're probably both good, but i wouldn't do wireless for audio,  so more cables is a plus, I think nakamichi is also more "premium"... the days Sony does top end stuff are  long over, yet they still ask top end prices lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 weeks later...

@Neko_UwU @Mark Kaine I can comment on the SONY HTA9 - I bought them 2 weeks ago after I have seen them in one of the recent linus videos for his new house - I have an LG77C18 (2021 LG C Oled) - and HDMI 2.1 cables (I live in Switzerland - and I did some research and these did get good reviews - and I do not have a system for 100K+ to test HDMI cables like linus media group ;))  (https://www.amazon.de/stores/UltraHDTV/page/0FB15E4C-C39F-48ED-ABEE-BA94889EEC0D?ref_=ast_bln&language=en_GB

I wonder if Linus will run into the same issues I have - or if he will be lucky to have a firmware upgrade until he actually uses it - but for me this is a beta product - and unfortunatly there is not a lot of media coverage on it. Every media outlet is praising the system and thus people will continue buying it and supporting BETA product strategies  @Linus @LinusTech @James

No hard feelings towards Linus Media Group - they have plenty of things going on and this is a topic that can only be found hard - but we also need media outlets to point these things out to get their power to make companies A) speed up the fixing process and B) let them be on their toes before they continue the beta strategy with customers

I cannot use the HTA9 system at all - it seems fully broken - I get sound disruptions after 2 mins of watching - no matter what content from what source - and then its starts worthening with every minute. It is really bad. I already have a sony ticket open and they promised me a firmware update which is not coming (should have been released by tuesday this week). A bit of a shame for a 2000$ system. 

Others do not have the issue but my experience is not really good right now and I would recommend to hold off before you buy these for a firmware update (and if this actually solves this issue). 

You can see my post entries on this in a sony support forum : https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D54O000076HzOX/hta9-sound-dropouts-during-dtshd-ma-71-playback?language=en_US&s1oid=00DU0000000ItQ0&s1nid=0DB0B00000004lk&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&emvtk=Ymr5vZ74Ltp45T7Epbhiw9AlItFRqhQPdEhEhDsXCS4%3D&s1uid=0054O000009jCO8&emtm=1638993757505&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0&t=1639137227564

And here is a video showing the problem I have - though mine is far worth after a while. If sony does not fix this soon I will document everything in detail on youtube. I have also informed my local sony center where I bought it - documented everything and they extended my return policy. If they don´t solve it until end of this year I will return them - and am already preparing my escalation path: if they do not take it back its a case for the lawyers - and I will start documenting this in detail on youtube and try to get some views on this from the big tech channels - as its not all great. 

24 minutes ago, TnT-DoC said:

cannot use the HTA9 system at all - it seems fully broken

honestly i thought a saw a review recently but its not the same , still seems pretty similar I think -- however,  as i said i would prefer the nakamichi only on reputation alone -- Sony doesn't make (high) quality products anymore,  they're all show no substance...

here's the review  -- the only  "reviewer" i trust because honestly he isn't a reviewer,  he's just an enthusiast and mega Sony fanboy 😅. but he's really objective/fair when he actually does a review.

he liked it,  but i already thought while watching, holy wireless batman the latency is gonna suck (he even mentioned he doesn't care about that, so its ok for him i guess, i do care about latency...)

also i wouldn't buy such a thing and keep it if im unhappy... i dont know, couldn't you return it? i mean they already missed a deadline... 🤷‍♂️

anyways as said,  the nakamichi all the way, simply based on expectation... you *need* to test a sound system anyways before committing  (imho)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity