Stream movie from pc to tv

Cemil2565
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
1 hour ago, Cemil2565 said:

i used directly right  click cast to lg tv but it open windows media player and i cant scroll the movie it restarts , is there another easy option ?

Plex would be the easiest. You can scroll thru the movie to an extent. I say to an extent because its up to the client on how much is buffered. So some times your waiting at least in my experience for the client to buffer a bit more of the video. 

Hello guys, my family wants to watch movie but i dont want to take my time 2 3 hours uplaoding it to a usb stick for a movie, is there a way to stream it via internet cable bcs i dont want to loss of quality of a bluray. pc and tv are connected to is modem via cable, i have a desktop custom pc and tv is lg oled 55inch. thanks

Plex or Jellyfin or Emby come to mind for streaming and transcoding.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

You could setup a Plex server on your computer. There's also ways to do stuff like this through VLC if you want to stream directly off the disk.

how can i do it via vlc ? 

can't you just move the PC to the TV and connect it via HDMI? Sounds like the fastest way to me. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

can't you just move the PC to the TV and connect it via HDMI? Sounds like the fastest way to me. 

its a desktop pc and its on the 2th floor 😞

how can i do it via vlc ? 

If your TV is a smart TV that you can install apps on, check to see if there's a media player app available. Then point the media player to the network share on the computer with the video files.

VLC is easy to install on any FireTV-based system. It should be similar for Roku, but it's been a long time since I've used Roku for this purpose.

8 hours ago, Cemil2565 said:

Hello guys, my family wants to watch movie but i dont want to take my time 2 3 hours uplaoding it to a usb stick for a movie, is there a way to stream it via internet cable bcs i dont want to loss of quality of a bluray. pc and tv are connected to is modem via cable, i have a desktop custom pc and tv is lg oled 55inch. thanks

Another vote here for Plex if you possibly can.  It basically turns your video collection into your own personal Netflix.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

i used directly right  click cast to lg tv but it open windows media player and i cant scroll the movie it restarts , is there another easy option ?

Plex would be the easiest. You can scroll thru the movie to an extent. I say to an extent because its up to the client on how much is buffered. So some times your waiting at least in my experience for the client to buffer a bit more of the video. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:33 PM, Donut417 said:

how does this plex work i installed it on my pc but is there a plex app on lg tv ? 

how does this plex work i installed it on my pc but is there a plex app on lg tv ? 

You will need to figure that out. I use an Amazon fire stick, my parents use Roku sticks. You essentially install the server app on a machine and setup libraries. One thing I want to mention, hardware transcoding and Live TV are only done with Plex pass. Also if you install this on your gaming rig, you want to make sure your not transcoding a stream while you’re gaming. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.