ssh on windows not working for a certain user

MrGreenz
Go to solution Solved by MrGreenz,

i found a solution

it seems that for some reason my pc name being the same as my username was the reason for all of this, idk why that would be a problem but it just worked after that.

i thought of doing this after seeing something about having to enter my pc name before the username when using ssh (ex. "ssh PcName/Username@example.com").

if anyone has any idea why this happens and if its a bug or intentional please let me know.

im trying to ssh into my pc on my main account but it just doesnt work, i get "Permission denied, please try again." whenever i try to do so. i tried doing it with a new user that i made for ssh and it works that way. i checked the logs and it seems that my user is invalid for some reason? any help would be appreciated.

things i tried to fix this:

change my password

reset my pc(for other reasons)

windows version:

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎8/‎29/‎2021
OS build    19042.1348

what i found in the logs:

sshd: Invalid user *myuser* from ::1 port 59906

sshd: Failed password for invalid user *myuser* from ::1 port 59906 ssh2

what i found for the other user:

sshd: Failed password for greenzssh from ::1 port 59970 ssh2

sshd: Accepted password for greenzssh from ::1 port 59970 ssh2

i found a solution

it seems that for some reason my pc name being the same as my username was the reason for all of this, idk why that would be a problem but it just worked after that.

i thought of doing this after seeing something about having to enter my pc name before the username when using ssh (ex. "ssh PcName/Username@example.com").

if anyone has any idea why this happens and if its a bug or intentional please let me know.