Suggestions for PC build

uberhaxx

Hello

I got help from here 5 years ago when I built my last PC and would like some help this time as well :0)

Budget (including currency): 2200 EUR / 22000 SEK / 2400 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FPS, MMORPG 

Other details 

So the case is that I have a 4k screen with 165 hz and would like the PC to meet up to that standards so the games can run smoothly.

I just purchased an EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB FTW3 ULTRA LHR and would like to know what kind of more things are suitable.. Would an i9 be overkill? Should it be watercooled? 16 gig RAM or 32?

Would gladly appreciate if someone could put a build together with a budget of around 2400-2800 USD.

Also footnote; what is my old PC worth? The specs are the following:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Z270-Gaming K3

Harddrive: 250 GB SSD

Harddrive: 1 TB SATA

Ram: 16 GB DDR4

PCU: 650 Watt Corsair Gaming

Watercooling for the processor as well.

Best regards! / Oscar

2 minutes ago, uberhaxx said:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

Overclock the cpu for now and maybe wait for zen3d so youll have 2 options for a worthy upgrade

Stay under 85c and stay under 1.52v (intel 14nm spec), some additional info to prevent any panic attacks is cpu will be fine upto 105c, above 105c it is considered unsafe, ~120c is deathzone so potential cpu death up there but not instadeath, 1.9v is the deathzone for 14nm, instadeath is gonna be somewhere ~2v cause instadeath is usually abit above deathzone. Also after a certain point theres no reason to run the cpu at really high temps cause high oc usually destabilizes at ~85c anyways, according to my rule of thumb the absolute max "safe" volt is ~1.6v (0.3v under deathzone) but dont go up there unless your cooling can handle the heat (below 80c temps)

7 minutes ago, uberhaxx said:

what is my old PC worth?

Gpu alone is prob ~500$ so salvage the gpu and sell that alone, the rest of the pc is prob ~250$