KENZY9

CherryMX/equiv Browns.
Backlit RGB/Multicolour.
Volume scroll knob/wheel.
Dedicated media keys.
Both use in wireless and wired.
Key Lock status lights.

Ordered by importance.

It usually helps if you share what research you have done yourself. You clearly have some stuff in mind so I assume you had a look around for yourself as well? 

Anyway... 

Keyboards that tick most of your boxes. Although for the keys you'll have to check for yourself if they are acceptable. Even browns between various switches feels different. 

• Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro 
  • Logitech G915 Lightspeed

Everything besides wireless 

• Mountain Everest Max
  • Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile

• Steelseries Apex (various variants available)

• Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum Cherry MX Brown

• Roccat Vulcan (also various variants available). Media keys through function key I believe. 

There are likely a ton more keyboards that also check your boxes but without a budget indication and sharing what you already researched yourself it is a bit hard to recommend something properly. There is also the whole rabbit whole the mechanical keyboard enthusiast space where with custom keyboard designs you assemble yourself with QMK firmware. I assumed for the moment that you are not looking into that, but depending on your budget and the time you are willing to spend it is an option 😉 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

13 hours ago, creesch said:

It usually helps if you share what research you have done yourself. You clearly have some stuff in mind so I assume you had a look around for yourself as well? 

Anyway... 

Keyboards that tick most of your boxes. Although for the keys you'll have to check for yourself if they are acceptable. Even browns between various switches feels different. 

• Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro 
  • Logitech G915 Lightspeed

Everything besides wireless 

• Mountain Everest Max
  • Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile

• Steelseries Apex (various variants available)

• Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Platinum Cherry MX Brown

• Roccat Vulcan (also various variants available). Media keys through function key I believe. 

There are likely a ton more keyboards that also check your boxes but without a budget indication and sharing what you already researched yourself it is a bit hard to recommend something properly. There is also the whole rabbit whole the mechanical keyboard enthusiast space where with custom keyboard designs you assemble yourself with QMK firmware. I assumed for the moment that you are not looking into that, but depending on your budget and the time you are willing to spend it is an option 😉 

The research I've done so far is:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/#sort=price&s=3,38,28,20,75,115,39,22&b=46,10000

Opened tabs then checked each images and product pages. I've knocked out about half of the priced ones so far.

I don't have much confidence in the accuracy of PCPP Kb filters because example:

-That Logi G915 disappears when I tick the "Wireless" box.

-Even that Razer bwidow V3 didn't show. (Correction-this Kb doesn't come in brown equiv.)

-So who bloody knows what else has been excluded with other filters applied.

-Some are unpriced but I'm going to look at them too, coz sometimes it shows up on Google with non-pcpp vendors.

There's just so much more out there that's not added to pcpp - thanks for your suggestions! That's why I came to forum..

I have no maximum budget.

Edited by KENZY9

Also the Logi G915 uses proprietary switches/stems? Not sure if easily swappable hmmm

1 hour ago, KENZY9 said:

Also the Logi G915 uses proprietary switches/stems? Not sure if easily swappable hmmm

Swappable switches wasn't in your list with requirements 🙂 Yeah logitech has their own switches that aren't easily swapped by something else. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, creesch said:

Swappable switches wasn't in your list with requirements 🙂 Yeah logitech has their own switches that aren't easily swapped by something else. 

I learnt what about changeable "switches/stem" meant and "keycaps" like a day later XD in my head they were the same before. Otherwise it's still a good contender, just still to consider the keycap swappability for it..

But yeah on my list to be more specific would be "CherryMX Brown compatible switches" as the sub-preference. I didn't realize there were proprietary browns/tactile.

Edited by KENZY9

Hi everyone - I would like to join the question as I am looking for something roughly similar. My trusty Logitech G19 is dying and I want to find a replacement for it. 

I have never used a mechanical keyboard before so I'm a bit terrified by the choice of switches. My feature list:

• Full backlight (preferably RGB, must include all characters on the keys)
  • Low profile
  • Dedicated media keys + volume scroll (I'm flexible here - could live with some multifunction keys I think)
  • Full layout (no TKL or smaller)
  • Wireless (as mentioned above - I can settle for wired)
  • Mechanical

It is really important for me for the keyboard to be low profile. I almost pulled the trigger on Logitech G915 but special characters are not backlight on it which is a deal breaker for me. Its a shame really as I would be happy having to use just a single software for my mouse and keyboard.

From what was proposed earlier Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low-Profile looks promising, but maybe you can help me find something else.
I find it is really difficult to find a low profile wireless keyboard with backlight (even not mechanical one).
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: In the end i went with k70...