OLD GUY Needs quick 411 on ARGB / RGB STUFF

Silicuda

so I'm from a time from way before ARGB.  I ordered and half installed a Water Cooling setup for my son - the GameMax IceChill 240  (https://www.alza.hu/gamemax-icechill-240-d5756764.htm)

in the process, I discovered that the motherboard he has (MSI B85M-G43) doesnt have aRGB connector on it.  So now the thing is working, cooling the PC but the LED RGB stuff is off.

So I ordered him an GameMax PWM + ARGB HUB V2.0  -- and what confuses me now, is how can we control the animations on the watercooling set from his computer?

How do you hook this thing up to talk to the motherboard?  Or the PC?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Silicuda said:

in the process, I discovered that the motherboard he has (MSI B85M-G43) doesnt have aRGB connector on it.  So now the thing is working, cooling the PC but the LED RGB stuff is off.

So I ordered him an GameMax PWM + ARGB HUB V2.0  -- and what confuses me now, is how can we control the animations on the watercooling set from his computer?

You can't, it's just a hub and not a controller, it's meant to connect to an existing mobo RGB header to expand it, which you said you don't have. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

-> Moved to Cases and Mods

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, Silicuda said:

so I'm from a time from way before ARGB.  I ordered and half installed a Water Cooling setup for my son - the GameMax IceChill 240  (https://www.alza.hu/gamemax-icechill-240-d5756764.htm)

Thanks!

this? https://www.gamemaxpc.com/productkkk/656-en.html

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini