SSD failing?

K_swadling

Okay so I've just built my new system, i7 12700K, Asus tuf Z690 D4, zotac 3060 ti.

Had it up and running for the past few days everything's been running smoothly, but today I turned it on and the system won't boot, checked the bios and my main OS drive (Samsung 980 pro) is detected as a storage device but not listen in boot options, I have a crucial P1 1tb and a barracuda 4tb listed in boot options, but has no OS so won't boot anyway. Nothing's happened to it, just turned it on and it died. I've reset my bios, updated it, tried plugging it into the other slots and nothing. The only thing that has worked was removing every other storage device and then it booted, but I have important files on them so this can not be permanent. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...

i would double check your boot priority and set you nvme to be the top one and if the order is correct to make sure there in no efi partions on the other drives.

14 hours ago, mineblaster said:

i would double check your boot priority and set you nvme to be the top one and if the order is correct to make sure there in no efi partions on the other drives.

The problem is my nvme drive isn't appearing in the boot list whatsoever, I can not change the priority or add the drive to this list as it is not recognised as a boot drive, even though it has my operating system on it.

However the latter part was correct, I have resolved the issue as of yesterday, and the problem seemed to lie in the other drives having system partitions in them even though they were only storage devices. Once I removed their partitions it worked fine