Using 1000w UPS with 1200w PSU

RayTracy

Hi, I upgrade my system but i'm still using my old UPS (a cheap brand 1000w pure sine wave) now my average power draw is about 600-700w + 85w for my monitor. To my understanding it is fine since 700w+85w = 785w which still under the range my UPS could support. I would like to know in the real world situation are there any factor come into play and will this had an effect on how my PSU work since it have higher power draw(1200w) than the UPS(1000W) or maybe damage it and other component?

If you only upgraded the PSU and not any other components in your pc, the power draw wouldn't change. RTX cards suck a lot of power in bursts which could theoretically set you over the limit, but if you only have one GPU you should be 100% fine.

That is not how it works. Your PSU doesn't draw 1200W just because it can deliver it at it's maximum performance. The PSU just delivers what the system is using at just that moment, when idle hardly anything and att full gaming a lot more but newer more than what the computer needs. 

I don't know what monstrous system that you have if you are using 6-700W in general when my old and power hungry dual CPU-system with a Radeon Vega 56 and Geforce 1060 draws about 600W at full load with Folding@Home going full tilt at CPU and GPU including two monitors measured with a Power meter. Right this minute with a YT-video running and a lot of browser windows with multiple tabs open it draws about 230W and when gaming it draws about 4-500W depending on load. So my average load is about 200-240W in desktop mode doing day to day tasks.