Is there any decent Bluetooth headphone adapter that uses a standard battery?

Madwonk

I'm thinking of something like the FiiO BTR3K, but with a standard (i.e. removable) lithium-ion or AAA/AAAA battery as its power source. Similar to Linus, I really prefer to buy things for life (controllers, camera gear, etc.) and not with a battery that destroys its functionality in only a few years. (I've also had a few close calls with Lithium-ion batteries catching on fire and have a persistent fear of devices with them embedded inside; things like old iPod slims are basically guaranteed to swell once their batteries go bad and I'm concerned that many similarly small devices today will become future fires as a result).

Does such a device exist? Or am I better off 3d printing an enclosure and creating my own?

On 11/26/2021 at 10:59 PM, Madwonk said:

I'm thinking of something like the FiiO BTR3K, but with a standard (i.e. removable) lithium-ion or AAA/AAAA battery as its power source. Similar to Linus, I really prefer to buy things for life (controllers, camera gear, etc.) and not with a battery that destroys its functionality in only a few years. (I've also had a few close calls with Lithium-ion batteries catching on fire and have a persistent fear of devices with them embedded inside; things like old iPod slims are basically guaranteed to swell once their batteries go bad and I'm concerned that many similarly small devices today will become future fires as a result).

Does such a device exist? Or am I better off 3d printing an enclosure and creating my own?

just get the btr3 you can use it as a standard dac once the battery dies

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 3:02 PM, grimreaper_slm-thg said:

just get the btr3 you can use it as a standard dac once the battery dies

That doesn't answer my question; besides, the fire risk is still present and I have a perfectly good audio setup on all my machines already.