Dedicated livestreaming PC

papryka

Budget (including currency): ~700€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming with single camcorder (maybe several in the future) with OBS (or vMix) to Youtube/Facebook.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Capturing 4K video from SONY HXR-NX200 with Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder 4k with an SDI cable and recording native resolution. Downscaling to 1080p60 for streaming.

Main PC parts:

• CPU/APU - as this PC is dedicated for streaming I think there is no need for GPU, so I thought about choosing something from AMD APU series. I am looking into Ryzen 7 5700G. Maybe it's an overkill, but want to have as much headroom as possible as I am providing this system for a client to use it for a long time (like minimum 5 year investment). I have no particular reason for choosing AMD so Intel can go as well.
  • Motherboard - as DeckLink needs PCI Express 4 gen 2 at least 4x slot, chose B450M DS3H as it has 4x and 16x slots (if adding GPU in the future would be necessary).
  • RAM - kind of randomly chose Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB 3000MHz CL16 1.35V XMP 2.0. Actually have no clue how much does RAM add to streaming, so maybe I can save a bit for a lower tier set.
  • PSU - been using Corsair PSUs for a long time myself and they never failed me so I chose CX450M as the price I think is decent for a semi-modular PSU and 450W should be enough.
  • Boot SSD - 240GB WD Green. Recently bought the same one for one of my old systems and it works fine for the price so I just chose it.
  • HHD - actually need advice of what is reasonable for recording 4K content up to 13 hours. If this pushes the budged way up I can drop it and go for just recording 1080p. For now I chose SEAGATE Barracuda 7200 1TB.
  • Things like case, fans and so on will choose by myself. Though if you have ideas how to get it as small as possible (maybe going to MITX mobo) as the system may be transported to other locations.

I been asked to set up a streaming system so all of this is not for my personal use (from choosing a camcorder, streaming peripherals and so on).

I build several of my own "gaming" systems in my life so I have general knowledge about computer parts. However my main concerns are about APUs as I know nothing about them.

What goes into "streaming" pc? What RAM should I get? Is this is an overkill build? Can this last for 5+ years? These are my questions I seek help answering.

5600g or 5700g will more than do

Ds3h is a GARBAGE motherboard can't handle a 5700g. That and it doesn't support 5000 series without a bios update. Go for a msi b550 pro a.

Get 3600mhz cl16 to let ryzen go full speed.

cx450m plenty good for you

The wd green is a pretty bad ssd and I would not use it. Look into at least a wd blue or mx500 if going sata. Recording 4k to a hdd is not recommended as it will most likely be too slow depending on the bitrate you go for. Also 13 hours is either filled up by 30 minutes of footage or can go for hours. All depends on your settings.

Itx in your budget probably won't happen especially since the board you chose is already atx and itx boards only have 1 x16 slot.

About lasting well if nothing changes and it works from day 1 it will probably go for 5 years.

I guess I got a bit too cheap with a motherboard.

Changed the build a bit:

image.thumb.png.0e623a50547de5d1efed7f727d442608.png

Without a case it already at my budget, thought maybe I can get a bit more cash from a client. Sadly there's no 5600G available right now.

What about Intel? Is there any decent CPUs with integrated graphics?