Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Asus monitor is the newer model for the PG279Q

rotexen
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
22 minutes ago, rotexen said:

yeah the Gigabyte M28U  is a good monitor.

what do u think about the 

ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ 27'' UHD IPS G-Sync

the XG27UQ and the M28U are about the same price in my country

The XG27UQ is a lot slower and not a good choice among it's competition. The M28U is hands down the best 4K 144Hz monitor for it's price.

Which asus monitor is the newer model for the pg279q ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

vg27aq, though i wouldn't recommend it over the LG and msi verisons

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll evga 1080ti hybrid (waiting on next gen) ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll all nf12/14 fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll x27 ll PA272w

 

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666  bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 2080 ti XC 1995//7600 325w 69C stock voltage (bad ocer) ll  8x nf12/14 fans 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA242w (movie, work mon) 1080p 60hzll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (using at 4:4:4 98 fan is dying)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, xg32 said:

vg27aq, though i wouldn't recommend it over the LG and msi verisons

no i think its the XG279Q

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there is the PG279QM, but that's in a different price class.

 

But in the end it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of good monitors with similar specs, most notably the MSI MAG274QRF-QD.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Well there is the PG279QM, but that's in a different price class.

 

But in the end it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of good monitors with similar specs, most notably the MSI MAG274QRF-QD.

agree, which monitor do u recommend ?

price not a problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rotexen said:

agree, which monitor do u recommend ?

price not a problem

i'm replacing my samsung odyssey g7 32" 

coz it wasnt a good upgrade over my asus pg279q

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rotexen said:

agree, which monitor do u recommend ?

price not a problem

 

6 hours ago, rotexen said:

i'm replacing my samsung odyssey g7 32" 

coz it wasnt a good upgrade over my asus pg279q

 

In that case the PG279QM would be the next best thing if you're not tight on budget.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

 

 

In that case the PG279QM would be the next best thing if you're not tight on budget.

i think so this monitor is great,

i just want the best 

the problem that they dont have it in my country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are other monitors that are quite similar, albeit slightly worse.

 

For example the Alienware AW2721D and the Acer Predator XB3. They have very similar response time performance but lack in color accuracity compared to the Asus monitor.

 

A little more on the budget side is the Gigabyte FI27Q-X. This one is slightly slower than all of the above and needs the overdrive setting to be adjusted depending on what fps the game you're playing runs at. So it's not a "set and forget" type monitor like the 3 above.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

There are other monitors that are quite similar, albeit slightly worse.

 

For example the Alienware AW2721D and the Acer Predator XB3. They have very similar response time performance but lack in color accuracity compared to the Asus monitor.

 

A little more on the budget side is the Gigabyte FI27Q-X. This one is slightly slower than all of the above and needs the overdrive setting to be adjusted depending on what fps the game you're playing runs at. So it's not a "set and forget" type monitor like the 3 above.

agree, the PG279QM seems the best option because of color accuracy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 2:42 AM, Stahlmann said:

There are other monitors that are quite similar, albeit slightly worse.

 

For example the Alienware AW2721D and the Acer Predator XB3. They have very similar response time performance but lack in color accuracity compared to the Asus monitor.

 

A little more on the budget side is the Gigabyte FI27Q-X. This one is slightly slower than all of the above and needs the overdrive setting to be adjusted depending on what fps the game you're playing runs at. So it's not a "set and forget" type monitor like the 3 above.

you mean AORUS FI27Q-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll stay with my samsung g7 32" for now.

after using the monitor for few weeks now i think its more than good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, rotexen said:

you mean AORUS FI27Q-X

Yes, it's Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-X.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Yes, it's Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-X.

the most thing that i care about is colors and picture quality not refresh rate , so i might just go 4k ?

for me 144 refresh rate is enough , saw one monitor from LG its the LG 27GN950-B LED 4K HDR G-Sync Nano IPS 27'' UltraGear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rotexen said:

the most thing that i care about is colors and picture quality not refresh rate , so i might just go 4k ?

for me 144 refresh rate is enough , saw one monitor from LG its the LG 27GN950-B LED 4K HDR G-Sync Nano IPS 27'' UltraGear

Go for the Gigabyte M28U it's much cheaper and offer most of the LG's features while also having faster response times.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Go for the Gigabyte M28U it's much cheaper and offer most of the LG's features while also having faster response times.

yeah the Gigabyte M28U  is a good monitor.

what do u think about the 

ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ 27'' UHD IPS G-Sync

the XG27UQ and the M28U are about the same price in my country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, rotexen said:

yeah the Gigabyte M28U  is a good monitor.

what do u think about the 

ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ 27'' UHD IPS G-Sync

the XG27UQ and the M28U are about the same price in my country

The XG27UQ is a lot slower and not a good choice among it's competition. The M28U is hands down the best 4K 144Hz monitor for it's price.

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 chromax - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 11 preview - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 2:03 PM, Stahlmann said:

The XG27UQ is a lot slower and not a good choice among it's competition. The M28U is hands down the best 4K 144Hz monitor for it's price.

i'm back to my old PG279Q its the best 

better than samsung g7 32"

i can say this after a month now while testing both

i'm using the asus for now but i'll buy the M28U in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PG279Q Manufacture Date 2017 has served me well. I am looking for an upgrade as well. 
 

I picked up Dell S3422DWG and the picture is an upgrade in regards to colour and brightness but the problem is when playing Path of Exile I notice black smear when I’m in dark areas around my zombies so that’s a deal breaker for me. My wife however loves the monitor. 
 

I am looking at the LG 34GP83A-B but have a couple of concerns, is it going to be a noticeable difference in image quality and is my 1080ti going to be able to handle more pixels. 
 

Choice two is Samsung Odyssey G7 27” which sounds like a nice upgrade, but I’m worried about the black smear in Path of Exile again. 
 

After reading this thread, do I just stick with my trusty old PH279Q? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rigger said:

PG279Q Manufacture Date 2017 has served me well. I am looking for an upgrade as well. 
 

I picked up Dell S3422DWG and the picture is an upgrade in regards to colour and brightness but the problem is when playing Path of Exile I notice black smear when I’m in dark areas around my zombies so that’s a deal breaker for me. My wife however loves the monitor. 
 

I am looking at the LG 34GP83A-B but have a couple of concerns, is it going to be a noticeable difference in image quality and is my 1080ti going to be able to handle more pixels. 
 

Choice two is Samsung Odyssey G7 27” which sounds like a nice upgrade, but I’m worried about the black smear in Path of Exile again. 
 

After reading this thread, do I just stick with my trusty old PH279Q? 

yeah the PG279Q is still a good monitor, if you want to upgrade go for PG279QM which is the newer model

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×