Which Asus monitor is the newer model for the PG279Q

rotexen
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
22 minutes ago, rotexen said:

yeah the Gigabyte M28U  is a good monitor.

what do u think about the 

ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ 27'' UHD IPS G-Sync

the XG27UQ and the M28U are about the same price in my country

The XG27UQ is a lot slower and not a good choice among it's competition. The M28U is hands down the best 4K 144Hz monitor for it's price.

vg27aq, though i wouldn't recommend it over the LG and msi verisons

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

12 hours ago, xg32 said:

vg27aq, though i wouldn't recommend it over the LG and msi verisons

no i think its the XG279Q

Well there is the PG279QM, but that's in a different price class.

But in the end it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of good monitors with similar specs, most notably the MSI MAG274QRF-QD.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

7 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Well there is the PG279QM, but that's in a different price class.

But in the end it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of good monitors with similar specs, most notably the MSI MAG274QRF-QD.

agree, which monitor do u recommend ?

price not a problem

3 minutes ago, rotexen said:

price not a problem

i'm replacing my samsung odyssey g7 32" 

coz it wasnt a good upgrade over my asus pg279q

6 hours ago, rotexen said:

price not a problem

6 hours ago, rotexen said:

i'm replacing my samsung odyssey g7 32" 

coz it wasnt a good upgrade over my asus pg279q

In that case the PG279QM would be the next best thing if you're not tight on budget.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

In that case the PG279QM would be the next best thing if you're not tight on budget.

i think so this monitor is great,

i just want the best 

the problem that they dont have it in my country

There are other monitors that are quite similar, albeit slightly worse.

For example the Alienware AW2721D and the Acer Predator XB3. They have very similar response time performance but lack in color accuracity compared to the Asus monitor.

A little more on the budget side is the Gigabyte FI27Q-X. This one is slightly slower than all of the above and needs the overdrive setting to be adjusted depending on what fps the game you're playing runs at. So it's not a "set and forget" type monitor like the 3 above.

12 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

For example the Alienware AW2721D and the Acer Predator XB3. They have very similar response time performance but lack in color accuracity compared to the Asus monitor.

A little more on the budget side is the Gigabyte FI27Q-X. This one is slightly slower than all of the above and needs the overdrive setting to be adjusted depending on what fps the game you're playing runs at. So it's not a "set and forget" type monitor like the 3 above.

agree, the PG279QM seems the best option because of color accuracy

On 11/23/2021 at 2:42 AM, Stahlmann said:

you mean AORUS FI27Q-X

i'll stay with my samsung g7 32" for now.

after using the monitor for few weeks now i think its more than good

55 minutes ago, rotexen said:

you mean AORUS FI27Q-X

Yes, it's Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-X.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Yes, it's Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-X.

the most thing that i care about is colors and picture quality not refresh rate , so i might just go 4k ?

for me 144 refresh rate is enough , saw one monitor from LG its the LG 27GN950-B LED 4K HDR G-Sync Nano IPS 27'' UltraGear

11 hours ago, rotexen said:

the most thing that i care about is colors and picture quality not refresh rate , so i might just go 4k ?

for me 144 refresh rate is enough , saw one monitor from LG its the LG 27GN950-B LED 4K HDR G-Sync Nano IPS 27'' UltraGear

Go for the Gigabyte M28U it's much cheaper and offer most of the LG's features while also having faster response times.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Go for the Gigabyte M28U it's much cheaper and offer most of the LG's features while also having faster response times.

22 minutes ago, rotexen said:

The XG27UQ is a lot slower and not a good choice among it's competition. The M28U is hands down the best 4K 144Hz monitor for it's price.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:03 PM, Stahlmann said:

i'm back to my old PG279Q its the best 

better than samsung g7 32"

i can say this after a month now while testing both

i'm using the asus for now but i'll buy the M28U in the future

PG279Q Manufacture Date 2017 has served me well. I am looking for an upgrade as well. 

I picked up Dell S3422DWG and the picture is an upgrade in regards to colour and brightness but the problem is when playing Path of Exile I notice black smear when I’m in dark areas around my zombies so that’s a deal breaker for me. My wife however loves the monitor. 

I am looking at the LG 34GP83A-B but have a couple of concerns, is it going to be a noticeable difference in image quality and is my 1080ti going to be able to handle more pixels. 

Choice two is Samsung Odyssey G7 27” which sounds like a nice upgrade, but I’m worried about the black smear in Path of Exile again. 

After reading this thread, do I just stick with my trusty old PH279Q? 

6 hours ago, Rigger said:

PG279Q Manufacture Date 2017 has served me well. I am looking for an upgrade as well. 

I picked up Dell S3422DWG and the picture is an upgrade in regards to colour and brightness but the problem is when playing Path of Exile I notice black smear when I’m in dark areas around my zombies so that’s a deal breaker for me. My wife however loves the monitor. 

I am looking at the LG 34GP83A-B but have a couple of concerns, is it going to be a noticeable difference in image quality and is my 1080ti going to be able to handle more pixels. 

Choice two is Samsung Odyssey G7 27” which sounds like a nice upgrade, but I’m worried about the black smear in Path of Exile again. 

yeah the PG279Q is still a good monitor, if you want to upgrade go for PG279QM which is the newer model

On 11/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, Rigger said:

The LG 34GP83A-B is a very nice monitor, picture quality is basically as good as it gets for a non-HDR monitor. But depending on the game your 1080Ti could struggle a bit. Expect around 60-90 fps in most games and maybe a bit under 60 when playing demanding AAA games on ultra. Of course you can always play at high for more performance.

I'd personally stay away from the G7 as it has a bunch of issues regarding quality control. The monitor can be very good - if you're getting a properly working unit and the 1000R curve is okay for you.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The LG 34GP83A-B is a very nice monitor, picture quality is basically as good as it gets for a non-HDR monitor. But depending on the game your 1080Ti could struggle a bit. Expect around 60-90 fps in most games and maybe a bit under 60 when playing demanding AAA games on ultra. Of course you can always play at high for more performance.

I'd personally stay away from the G7 as it has a bunch of issues regarding quality control. The monitor can be very good - if you're getting a properly working unit and the 1000R curve is okay for you.

Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 32" vs Samsung Odyssey G7 32": What is the difference? (versus.com)

if he want monitor that is bigger than 27" go for Asus PG329Q

the only reason i bought the G7 coz they dont have Asus in my country

and i went back to the PG279Q

On 11/29/2021 at 3:50 PM, rotexen said:

yeah the PG279Q is still a good monitor, if you want to upgrade go for PG279QM which is the newer model

Thanks for the info, the PH279QM does look very nice but is not available. I might just wait for prices of 27” 4k 144hz monitors go down and video cards as well.