Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mining on personal computer 1080ti

Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,

There's no definitive answer to how long it will last, but the temps and voltages are safe.

Running it 24/7 will have an impact (fans mostly), but doesn't mean it will die early. It may run for years just fine as long as you keep the cooler clean and keep the temps where they are.

I am currently using a 1080ti on nicehash and my algo is nbminer. 

My voltage is around 1000-960mv

Mem is +400

core is +50

Temps are static around 65c

the hotspot temp is around 78-79c

I run the miner 24-7

I am planning to keep this card for a while as it is in my personal computer.  How long do you guys think my card would last under these conditions.

it is a zotac amp (non extreme)

There's no definitive answer to how long it will last, but the temps and voltages are safe.

Running it 24/7 will have an impact (fans mostly), but doesn't mean it will die early. It may run for years just fine as long as you keep the cooler clean and keep the temps where they are.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-U12S

I run that card 24/7 at the following stats: max wattage (185), Core +0, RAM +750. I get roughly 36-40MH/s.

Oh yeah I use their Quickminer. Love the easy OC interface.

EDIT: I should mention, mine is under a waterblock and doesn't go above 45degrees.

1 minute ago, RAS_3885 said:

I have it deshrouded with some arctic p12's but thank you.

4 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

I run that card 24/7 at the following stats: max wattage (185), Core +0, RAM +750. I get roughly 36-40MH/s.

Oh yeah I use their Quickminer. Love the easy OC interface.

EDIT: I should mention, mine is under a waterblock and doesn't go above 45degrees.

Do you use the pill what are your settings I have trouble getting 40mhs under 200w. whats the profit on your card. I get 51mh but Its on a much high wattage than yours.

As basic as it gets. I just used the Nicehash guidelines.

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

As basic as it gets. I just used the Nicehash guidelines.

750 is a pretty high clock how do you reach that oc on that power limit.

9 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

image.thumb.png.0c18138a38f7d33643cf6d9da35a6c32.png

Is the hotspot temp the vram temp or is it the vrm junction temp?

12 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

I get 51mh but Its on a much high wattage than yours.

Is that Accepted speed or just what the miner is reporting? I go by accepted speed, it's really the only number that matters IMO. I've gotten higher hashrates from the miner, but the accepted was always much lower. Might just be my silicon. 

3 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

The power limit affects the GPU, not the RAM IIR. Either your RAM will do it or not. It helps that my card is under water I'm sure. But Nicehash seems to think this is perfectly fine on air as well. And I would say they are probably right, since the card is natively a 250 watt card only running at 185watts.

3 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

The power limit affects the GPU, not the RAM IIR. Either your RAM will do it or not. It helps that my card is under water I'm sure. But Nicehash seems to think this is perfectly fine on air as well. And I would say they are probably right, since the card is natively a 250 watt card only running at 185watts.

1 minute ago, Bad5ector said:

Is that Accepted speed or just what the miner is reporting? I go by accepted speed, it's really the only number that matters IMO. I've gotten higher hashrates from the miner, but the accepted was always much lower. Might just be my silicon. 

thats the peak it usually is 39-49 idk if its accepted or the miner

Just now, R3dbullDrinker said:

thats the peak it usually is 39-49 idk if its accepted or the miner

You get the accepted speed from the nicehash client or their web interface.

6 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Is the hotspot temp the vram temp or is it the vrm junction temp?

No idea, that is just a default setting. I don't look at temps since the card is under water.

1 minute ago, Bad5ector said:

what is your waterblock setup Im curious

Just now, Bad5ector said:

You get the accepted speed from the nicehash client or their web interface.

No idea, that is just a default setting. I don't look at temps since the card is under water.

thats the accepted speed

12 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

what algo do you mine and how much do you make on that singular card

4 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

what is your waterblock setup Im curious

EK Titan Waterblock on my EVGA 1080ti FE. I got the titan waterblock because it was compatible and I was a day one owner of a 1080ti and didn't want to wait for EK to refresh. AFAIK there is no real difference between this block and the one they finally made for the 1080ti FE. 

Man, this is hands down the best card I have ever owned. Paid $999.99 CAD for it and so far not only has it provided me years of gaming, but has easily mined twice it's worth in crypto. If not more. And the icing on the cake is, in this market, if I was really hard up, I could sell it for probably close to what I paid for it. LOL. What a world.

2 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

what algo do you mine and how much do you make on that singular card

Whatever the quickminer mines. I think it's Excavator. 

I get roughly 3-5 dollars a day. Not sure how much is actual profit, but I do know that my system does not use anywhere close to 3-5 dollars a day.

2 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

EK Titan Waterblock on my EVGA 1080ti FE. I got the titan waterblock because it was compatible and I was a day one owner of a 1080ti and didn't want to wait for EK to refresh. AFAIK there is no real difference between this block and the one they finally made for the 1080ti FE. 

Man, this is hands down the best card I have ever owned. Paid $999.99 CAD for it and so far not only has it provided me years of gaming, but has easily mined twice it's worth in crypto. If not more. And the icing on the cake is, in this market, if I was really hard up, I could sell it for probably close to what I paid for it. LOL. What a world.

I wasnt a first a first adopter sadly however I got this card for 395 on a trip to Germany brand new not a bad price for 2020.

It sounds like you are using their older miner, the one that has multiple algos it bounces between as well as support for AMD cards and CPU.

I'm using their quickminer. I think this is the link:

NiceHash QuickMiner | NiceHash

But I can't really say as I'm at work now and don't want to try downloading to verify. If I remember, I can let you know later when I get home. But basically, I have switched to the quickminer about 6 months ago, and haven't looked back. But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

It sounds like you are using their older miner, the one that has multiple algos it bounces between as well as support for AMD cards and CPU.

I'm using their quickminer. I think this is the link:

NiceHash QuickMiner | NiceHash

But I can't really say as I'm at work now and don't want to try downloading to verify. If I remember, I can let you know later when I get home. But basically, I have switched to the quickminer about 6 months ago, and haven't looked back. But that's just me.

I have quickminer but it overrides my oc on msi afterburner

Just now, R3dbullDrinker said:

I have quickminer but it overrides my oc on msi afterburner

Why would you use Afterburner if you can overclock using their OC Tuner? That's what I am using. I was using Afterburner before but found that their OC Tuner worked just as good and was faster to get mining again after a reboot (just one app needs to launch instead of two). Either way I guess, tomato, tomato lol.

Just now, Bad5ector said:

Why would you use Afterburner if you can overclock using their OC Tuner? That's what I am using. I was using Afterburner before but found that their OC Tuner worked just as good and was faster to get mining again after a reboot (just one app needs to launch instead of two). Either way I guess, tomato, tomato lol.

oh do I just hit optimize? is there a way to set temp targets?

1 minute ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

oh do I just hit optimize? is there a way to set temp targets?

If you right click on the quickminer icon in the taskbar, select OC Tune, it should open a webpage. See my screenshot. From there you can try the auto tune stuff, but I just entered what Nicehash recommended for a 1080 ti from their website:

image.png.1e0eacf8c875f9ed91e2bdd56870280a.png