How damaging is salad.io to your GPU?

Damage in your ROI, yes. Mining with them is blatantly useless, you better off with mining straight crypto and sell it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

I love how the site states "We consider it our duty to own our carbon footprint and protect fragile ecosystems." while offering a service that literally makes you use more power and make your 'carbon footprint' bigger, like.... what?

very careful wording

"OUR carbon footprint is OUR duty, fuck YOU and YOUR carbon footprint though, that's not OUR fault, it's YOURs!"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

very careful wording

"OUR carbon footprint is OUR duty, fuck YOU and YOUR carbon footprint though, that's not OUR fault, it's YOURs!"

Pretty much most eco fads out there. When phone manufacturers say they're reducing their carbon footprint by not including accessories. Yea... but if I need them, I would need to buy from Amazon our go to the store to get it separately... increasing my carbon footprint. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

Had to search for it and the first result says "Salad.io | Complete Beginners Guide To Make Hundreds"

lol I can smell the scam without even clicking on it. all cryptominers (any load honestly) "damage" your card, it's a slow process that takes years though, unless you force it to run at ridiculous high clocks therefore increasing power draw and temperature. In simple terms it's not the miner itself that damages it with code or whatever but the current that wears down the internals of the GPU -and memory chips in particular when it comes to mining- itself, the greater the momentum -caused by current- and higher the temperature the faster the card wears down.

There's no way to tell how long a harmful electromigration process will take, and being honest other components are more prone to fail before it happens, in mining cards the surface caps and resistors will most likely fail before the memory chips or GPU. Undervolting, underclocking and timing tuning will improve lifespan and, with luck, the card will be obsolete and unprofitable before something in it fails.

You won't "make hundreds" by the way, apparently you only sell your hashpower so others get rich while you only gather tiny amounts of whatever shitcoin it mines.

I love how the site states "We consider it our duty to own our carbon footprint and protect fragile ecosystems." while offering a service that literally makes you use more power and make your 'carbon footprint' bigger, like.... what?

f29cca21e6e0fab9e0e8e5116d5801ef7ac88315

Hearing it being told like this, there's no way I want to mine with my 3080 ti now 🤣

I want it to last the next 10+ years at best if I can and still hold🤣

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv