Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How damaging is salad.io to your GPU?

Damage in your ROI, yes. Mining with them is blatantly useless, you better off with mining straight crypto and sell it.

Remember to press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited comments! | Be specific! Our answer effort is in proportion of your effort to write it! | React to your heart, not peer pressure!

 

"Wow, you want me to say ara ara? Really?"

- Clock Girl

Self Introduction and Current Rig

 

🏳️⚧️ Rights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to search for it and the first result says "Salad.io | Complete Beginners Guide To Make Hundreds"

 

lol I can smell the scam without even clicking on it. all cryptominers (any load honestly) "damage" your card, it's a slow process that takes years though, unless you force it to run at ridiculous high clocks therefore increasing power draw and temperature. In simple terms it's not the miner itself that damages it with code or whatever but the current that wears down the internals of the GPU -and memory chips in particular when it comes to mining- itself, the greater the momentum -caused by current- and higher the temperature the faster the card wears down.

 

There's no way to tell how long a harmful electromigration process will take, and being honest other components are more prone to fail before it happens, in mining cards the surface caps and resistors will most likely fail before the memory chips or GPU. Undervolting, underclocking and timing tuning will improve lifespan and, with luck, the card will be obsolete and unprofitable before something in it fails.

 

You won't "make hundreds" by the way, apparently you only sell your hashpower so others get rich while you only gather tiny amounts of whatever shitcoin it mines.

 

 

I love how the site states "We consider it our duty to own our carbon footprint and protect fragile ecosystems." while offering a service that literally makes you use more power and make your 'carbon footprint' bigger, like.... what?

 

f29cca21e6e0fab9e0e8e5116d5801ef7ac88315

 Finitude is what the two clock hands indicate as they point towards my cruel destiny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

I love how the site states "We consider it our duty to own our carbon footprint and protect fragile ecosystems." while offering a service that literally makes you use more power and make your 'carbon footprint' bigger, like.... what?

very careful wording

"OUR carbon footprint is OUR duty, fuck YOU and YOUR carbon footprint though, that's not OUR fault, it's YOURs!"

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

very careful wording

"OUR carbon footprint is OUR duty, fuck YOU and YOUR carbon footprint though, that's not OUR fault, it's YOURs!"

Pretty much most eco fads out there. When phone manufacturers say they're reducing their carbon footprint by not including accessories. Yea... but if I need them, I would need to buy from Amazon our go to the store to get it separately... increasing my carbon footprint. 

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 4.20 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 24GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD Green 1.5TB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i7-7600U | Seagate 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 850 G4

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 14.8) | iPhone XR (iOS 14.8) |  iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

Had to search for it and the first result says "Salad.io | Complete Beginners Guide To Make Hundreds"

 

lol I can smell the scam without even clicking on it. all cryptominers (any load honestly) "damage" your card, it's a slow process that takes years though, unless you force it to run at ridiculous high clocks therefore increasing power draw and temperature. In simple terms it's not the miner itself that damages it with code or whatever but the current that wears down the internals of the GPU -and memory chips in particular when it comes to mining- itself, the greater the momentum -caused by current- and higher the temperature the faster the card wears down.

 

There's no way to tell how long a harmful electromigration process will take, and being honest other components are more prone to fail before it happens, in mining cards the surface caps and resistors will most likely fail before the memory chips or GPU. Undervolting, underclocking and timing tuning will improve lifespan and, with luck, the card will be obsolete and unprofitable before something in it fails.

 

You won't "make hundreds" by the way, apparently you only sell your hashpower so others get rich while you only gather tiny amounts of whatever shitcoin it mines.

 

 

I love how the site states "We consider it our duty to own our carbon footprint and protect fragile ecosystems." while offering a service that literally makes you use more power and make your 'carbon footprint' bigger, like.... what?

 

f29cca21e6e0fab9e0e8e5116d5801ef7ac88315

Hearing it being told like this, there's no way I want to mine with my 3080 ti now 🤣

 

I want it to last the next 10+ years at best if I can and still hold🤣

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List (Some times i ninja edit posts after posting!)

ASUS TUF B550-PRO | AMD Ryzen 9 5900xMasterLiquid ML360R RGB | MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti SUPRIM X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x | Kingston A2000 1TB | Samsung EVO 850 - 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 - 250 GB | Lian Li O11DW Dynamic Display(s): ACER Predator XB271H A 144hz/1ms, Samsung Oddesy G7 got RMA'd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Arika S said:

very careful wording

"OUR carbon footprint is OUR duty, fuck YOU and YOUR carbon footprint though, that's not OUR fault, it's YOURs!"

Ohh you're right, technically they're not mining anything, they just act as a MITM to handle transactions which is literally what bitcoin tries to get rid of, so much for decentralisation... of course all of that bullshit is always done in the name of "security" (there's a special VIP room in hell for those who invented KYC procedures) and to make crypto appealing to the normie masses.

 

9 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Pretty much most eco fads out there. When phone manufacturers say they're reducing their carbon footprint by not including accessories. Yea... but if I need them, I would need to buy from Amazon our go to the store to get it separately... increasing my carbon footprint. 

They know they can keep milking gullible people who buy their junk electronics no matter what they say, the fake eco stuff is an extra so that doubtful consumers won't feel so bad about buying.

I'm mining with 8 cards right now and the power is coming from a station burning coal, thing is, that coal will still burn regardless of whether I mine or not so it's not like I'm making things worse all by myself, I'm not part of the 100 companies that produce 70% of worldwide emissions anyway.

 

3 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Hearing it being told like this, there's no way I want to mine with my 3080 ti now 🤣

 

I want it to last the next 10+ years at best if I can and still hold🤣

Mining won't instantly kill your card, if you can keep temps below 70ºC (60ºC is the sweetspot for me) and tune clocks you could mine for years without any issue. Avoid power cycling as well, going from idle to a 100% load in a second isn't great for the hardware.

 Finitude is what the two clock hands indicate as they point towards my cruel destiny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×