Did I win the silicon lottery?

Hey guys, I finally built my computer! And with a H100i in push-pull on my 4670K, from what I can tell from browsing online, I'm getting amazing temperatures. I'm getting 25-29C idle. With the case closed. And I haven't even put any case fans in yet! Are these good idle temperatures? I'm new to building computers, so tell me. Did I win the silicon lottery? 

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Silicon lottery really refers to OC capability.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

what are your clock speeds? That's the best way of telling if you've won the "Silicon Lottery"

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

what are your clock speeds? That's the best way of telling if you've won the "Silicon Lottery"

It's at 3.7GHz (Can't find my thumb drive so I'm waiting for my dad to come home to let me use his thumb drive to install windows, then I can get Prime95 and Afterburner and all the other stuff :P)

I idle around that

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Having a properly functioning CPU isn't what I'd call winning the silicon lottery. Overclock it and see how far you can get, then we can tell.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

@Sonefiler

See how far of a stable clock you can get and look at the results  :lol:

I hope for starters it will be an aftermarket cooler, to handle them high temps. Anything around the range of a 1.3v 4.2-.4.4GHz overclock would be considered a good chip  :D

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Having a properly functioning CPU isn't what I'd call winning the silicon lottery. Overclock it and see how far you can get, then we can tell.

I saw online that 40C is a good idle temp with H100i and 4670k, so I freaked out :D

@Sonefiler

I hope for starters it will be an aftermarket cooler, to handle them high temps. Anything around the range of a 1.3v 4.2-.4.4GHz overclock would be considered a good chip  :D

Don't I need a stress testing program? I can't get windows without a USB stick and my dad has the only one at work atm, so I have to wait. Is there another way to stress test?

Well, no. What you're descibing has nothing to do with the 'silicon lottery' and frankly isn't even that outstanding. Idle temps mean absolutely nothing and depend on your ambient temperature more than anything else.

(Sorry if I burst your bubble)

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Well, no. What you're descibing has nothing to do with the 'silicon lottery' and frankly isn't even that outstanding. Idle temps mean absolutely nothing and depend on your ambient temperature more than anything else.

(Sorry if I burst your bubble)

I just freaked out because people online are saying that 40C is good idle :P I hope I did win though :D

Don't I need a stress testing program? I can't get windows without a USB stick and my dad has the only one at work atm, so I have to wait. Is there another way to stress test?

Nah, you will have to wait to get the OS installed. Then run Prime95 for a good 30 mins to see how the temps are. For a stable clock anything between 12 hours to 24 hours (recommended) to determine that the CPU can handle the overclock and voltages 24/7  :lol:

this

Idle temps mean absolutely nothing 

and

Prime95 for a good 30 mins to see how the temps are

no P95 for Haswell. IBT, Aida64, or OCCT. 

Error: 410

@Sonefiler

OP mentions he has a h100i :)

OP mentions he has a h100i

lolol of course. i skipped that part as i skimmed  :lol:

Hey guys, I finally built my computer! And with a H100i in push-pull on my 4670K, from what I can tell from browsing online, I'm getting amazing temperatures. I'm getting 25-29C idle. With the case closed. And I haven't even put any case fans in yet! Are these good idle temperatures? I'm new to building computers, so tell me. Did I win the silicon lottery? 

I idle at that temperature with my 8320 and a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

To us were left the wonders of creation: Beasts of air, water, earth... and steel.