We Bought the CHEAPEST OLED TV… How Bad Could It Be?

Plouffe

If you could get a 55" OLED display for hundreds of dollars cheaper than usual, would you buy one? Should you buy one? We took the plunge for you and bought the Skyworth 55XC9000, come check out the results!

Buy Xbox Series X
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/yjCi
On Best Buy (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/4XMo
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/BAobwq9

Buy NVIDIA SHIELD Pro
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/XaFV
On Best Buy (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/AQlAGm
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/tYRQlI
Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Better question: How good are skyworth compared to TCL? 

There's also an interesting thing I once heard on bilibili: export models tend to be slightly better than local models because of less bloatware.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Its alway crazy that price fixing MAP policies are legal in the USA. Consumers have it so bad.

Before i watch it: Cant be that bad?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I dont understand the story. How did retailer 1 cut the price if they product the product for the original manufacturer price? Surely they have a contract which specifies how much the retailer is paying?

Dont buy one of these as your 1st foray into OLEDs.

Maybe if you already have a LG C9, CX, or C1 and u want a secondary OLED for another room, and u have a calibrator at hand, sure. But dont buy one of these as your primary display. Its got terrible factory calibration and horrible input latency (anything over 25ms is bad).

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Curious what's that sci-fi content playing at 9:52? I want to watch it.

I’d be interested in a eye strain comparison or thoughts behind using an OLED versus an LCD. I can’t find much at all regarding if the OLED hurts more or less than an LCD. 

I honestly like the "business tips" part of this video, even if it stalls away the actual content promised by the title.

Like I could watch a video of just the business tip part alone.

Likewise is it interesting to see a look at less well known brands, and it is honestly here that I 90% of the time find myself asking, "is this worth buying or even good?"  a well established manufacturer is a fairly safe bet. A less well known brand is usually a bigger gamble.

Hey LTT

As a hifi enthusiast, i have to point out something that hurts a little, every time i see your video's about TV's (fx also in 

)

In the mini LED video linus said that standard colour temperature looked more natural, and there is a case for the argument that the viewers perception is the most important thing about a TV, but the correct color temprature is 6500k, and the setting that is closest to that is warm 2, or custom (if the tv has one of those). 

Then we come to the video in this thread. 

In the video you show a colorchecker sheet, that is way off. If the measurements are measured while the tv color temp was standard, you should expect the colors to be way off.

Tv.png.2283250981bd61eb6909277d559fa648.png

as shown here the actual is a cooler (blue) color then the target, and from my experience this look like standard, and therefore the measurements are worthless, because if you set it to the preset that the tv manufacture have tried to get it, as close as possible to the target (usually movie, cinema or a custom preset) you would get much better readings.

So my point is

Either the video is about linus perception, which clearly favours the cooler colors, or you can make it technical, but then you should make measurements of all the presets, and take the best (It will be better then this). 

I will also suggest linus to set his lg tv to expert (Dark Room) and then set the Oled Light to his surroundings, and watch it there for an hour. Many people is use to watch TV in really bad settings because manufactures are setting the standard presset, to be way to cool, so the tv attract more attention in the store, but that is a easy habit to get the eyes out off 🙂  and warm colors are better for the eyes as well :)    

On 11/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, Luscious said:

Curious what's that sci-fi content playing at 9:52? I want to watch it.

Blade Runner 2049, highly recommended, especially if you've seen and liked the original Blade Runner.