The Best Custom Gaming PC is… a PRE-BUILT??

CPotter

I don’t do a ton of gaming myself, so I’ll probably migrate back to laptops once Alder Lake and Rembrandt are in them. If the iGPU of either of those is comparable to my current GTX 960, it would probably be enough, as I play older games, a ton of Stardew Valley (and soon it’s successor), and emulation.  

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Your not wrong.. Seeing as most cards on Komplett.no (*Big norwegian online store) is gone.. But go over to their "Komplett PC" page and boom.. 3080's 3080s and 3070s as many as you can dream of.. So many people have buyed the most expensive build there for 6500$ and just sold the 3090 either it was the ROG normal or white for bloody profits.. Or just take the cheapest that allows a 3090 to fit and boom profit.. Its really weird to see stores NOT put out the cards but hoard them for prebuilts 😞

Aww man, almost tempting but no! Not when a new platform or DDR5 is around the corner xD

edit:

2119422024_2021-10-31(2).png.5cda719c49b8e1d7d269530cfc561fb5.png

Edited by MultiGamerClub
NICE *Added in something.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

$1000 XX70 GPU is fking crazy.

Even those system integrators are obviously scalping.

If u built the system as it comes, price it up and use the, already higher than previous generations, MSRP of $500 for the 3070, that comes in at like $1500-$1600 and yet that system cost them $2200.

You know the worst part about all this, its our own damn community, many of you reading, directly contributing to the further use of current prices going forward.

Everyone who bought a 30 series (and in some cases a 20 series) GPU for these ridiculous MSRPs, AND worse still the ridiculous scalped (by individuals and stores) prices, are giving Nvidia, AMD, and all the retailers 'carte blanche' to charge insane prices going forward, and its going to bite u in the ass in the future.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

24 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

$1000 XX70 GPU is fking crazy.

Norway would like a word with you.. Got my sister a 3070Ti for 11K NOK.. which is 1300$ 😐

Now that sounds alot worse than it should sound.. Was a TUF.. Cheapest good card i could find without going 1700$ and beyond xD

25 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Everyone who bought a 30 series (and in some cases a 20 series) GPU for these ridiculous MSRPs, AND worse still the ridiculous scalped (by individuals and stores) prices, are giving Nvidia, AMD, and all the retailers 'carte blanche' to charge insane prices going forward, and its going to bite u in the ass in the future.

Hey, i wanted a 3080 ti and it cost me 18000k NOK.. Which i used a 10% code because i blasted some money earlier on the norwegian store.. Which is 2133$ as the current conversion stands.. Was 2100$ last time i converted.. But oh well, i wanted something better than my old 2080 super lol 😛

Now im kind of thinking of switching said card to a 3090 if i get the option to trade and cover the difference lol haha 😄

Norway's a fucked place for MSRP prices..

Its like taking MRSP and saying "alright mates.. how more fucked up can we get these prices?" and just adding sometimes 50% and call it a day..

29 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

You know the worst part about all this, its our own damn community, many of you reading, directly contributing to the further use of current prices going forward.

To be honest.. Can you blame us even? Want a card and you need to pay overpriced on any kind of store unless its in another country and we can still pay MVA/Taxes and get it cheaper.. Proshop in norway does that.. But the bots have taken all cards away from us so we have no choice but to buy from the local or norwegian stores that take a large profit cut.. Oh well.

Now with DDR5 nearing.. Woop woop upgrade time for my motherboards and other parts! Unless LPX kits cost me half the motherboard.. 😄

And knowing norway.. We're fucked regardless of what the MSRP is 😄

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

That Toshiba HDD ASUS threw in will last longer than any Seagate drive going, plus it is likely the only one of the 2 that would survive a trip to BB then to the users home lol...

Linus Tech Tips: Tell us the truth

Is this really a plan by big manufacturers to artificially raise the cost of their products? Once scalping started, there would be no incentive for big manufacturers to stop the scalping...

i spotted a asus pre built. not even open it up yet. but it legit first 3k series card i ever owned (3060)

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I registered because I watched this video and that was the exact machine I bought for the exact reason specified!

My own experience has been equal parts satisfied and frustrating. I bought it on sale, and then I found an open box one and negotiated a further discount on the sale price with Bestbuy, so maybe it was a little more worth it than the cost breakdown in the video. The first thing I did was upgrade the RAM, then I upgraded the SSD (very frustrating to discover the second M.2 slot was hidden under the graphics card and was being occupied by the wifi card - so it was a chore I was not expecting to swap the boot drive to the new card and then install it).

It seems to run flawlessly and gives me a great gaming experience. I haven't run into any CPU overheating issues at all yet, but my workload isn't very CPU intensive. I'm also not looking forward to resolving the cooling conundrum if I ever do have problems, given Linus' hatred for this case (which seems warranted!).

An interesting quirk of the 3070 in this machine is that its LEDs, while multi-coloured LEDs, are not addressable and aren't picked up at all by Aura Sync (etc.).

I fear that the next upgrades I may do are a more full-fat motherboard for future expand-ability, and a better PSU - both of which will feel very frustrating given how challenging this case seems to be to work inside of. I'll probably wait a year or two to embark on those adventures. One question I have on that front, though, is whether the AM4 socket is likely end of life with this series of processes (i.e. should I not upgrade the motherboard at all and just update it and the processor at the same time years from now)?