Please help, I’m hopeless

kwljz

Hi there, I’m in need of some tech tips.

Here is my problem. 

I had a fully working PC (normal temps and so on) and about a week ago I updated to Windows 11. 

After that update, the PC started crashing (various BSODs - System_service_exception, IRQL not less or Equal, Kernel mode heap corruption, critical proccess died).

I was like Okay, its a new software, I’ll just go back to Windows 10, no big deal. 

Well, I reverted and the BSODs kept occuring so I did a fresh install with SSD wipe aswell. 

After that I cant get past the language and Region settings in Windows installation setup, the whole setup is really slow and laggy and then its not responding at all (waited for like 10 hours) or crashes with various BSODs again. During the setup, there are grey vertical lines as on the photo.

Here is what I tried so far with no result. 

- Changing the GPU (from 2080 super to Radeon 6600)

- Changing the Motherboard (from gigabyte b450 DS3H to MSI B450 Mortar Max)

- New CPU thermalpaste (kryonaut)

- 4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB ram sticks (tried only one in all 4 spots, or all together)

- disconnecting all the drives and installing windows to each of them one by one (2 NVMEs, one classic SSD, one HDD)

- testing the PSU with a paperclip method

- changing the USB Flash drive, tried Windwos tool to create Bootable one aswell as Rufus from ISO

- resetting CMOS and default BIOS settings on both motherboards

I tried installing Ubuntu, and it works fine! But I need Windows.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600X with Cooler Master HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION

MB: previously Gigabyte B450 DS3H -> now -> MSI B450M Mortar Max

RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz CL18

SSD: Kingston A2000 NVMe 512Gb, Samsung 860 EVO 256Gb, WD 2TB HDD

GPU: previously Nvidia RTX 2080 super -> now -> AMD Radeon sapphire 6600

PSU: Corsair RM550x 

FANS: 4x Arctic BioniX P120

CASE: NZXT H510

My last thought is that it could be the CPU since I changed and tried a lot of changes but the CPU was still the same.

Thank you guys, I’m totally hopeless.

244749381_10222304525299495_7320449896671653781_n.jpg

245325735_10222304525379497_9143462991146819841_n.jpg

Well first off you should not be using 3600 mhz ram on Ryzen 2000, Its very probable it will not  work past 3000 mhz let alone 3600. Also dont install a New Windows Operating system like this on a main computer, Highly reccomend you play around with it on an alternate so you can see if its stable and such.

Your main issue seems to be either a GPU or CPU or faulty software, it could have been caused by TPM Being enabled in bios for windows 11 to work  and then since it wasnt toggled off and caused a cascading effect of issues when going back to windows 10. 

I dont think using all your drives for a windows install was a good idea, and potentially if you didnt properly wipe them it can cause issues. Id test them on another system if you can just to verify they arent failing.

It honestly sounds like something is wrong with the version of windows as well you are trying to install since you said Ubuntu worked just fine.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Well first off you should not be using 3600 mhz ram on Ryzen 2000, Its very probable it will not  work past 3000 mhz let alone 3600. Also dont install a New Windows Operating system like this on a main computer, Highly reccomend you play around with it on an alternate so you can see if its stable and such.

Your main issue seems to be either a GPU or CPU or faulty software, it could have been caused by TPM Being enabled in bios for windows 11 to work  and then since it wasnt toggled off and caused a cascading effect of issues when going back to windows 10. 

I dont think using all your drives for a windows install was a good idea, and potentially if you didnt properly wipe them it can cause issues. Id test them on another system if you can just to verify they arent failing.

It honestly sounds like something is wrong with the version of windows as well you are trying to install since you said Ubuntu worked just fine.

Thanks about the ram info, I’ll try to lower the frequence. Its not a main PC, so It’s not that big of a deal. 

GPU was changed, so it’s not that. TPM being enabled is also ruled out since I changed the motherboard and its still the same. 

To be clear, I didn’t installed the Windows on all of them at once, I tried Installing Windows on each of them when no other drives were connected, just to rule out a faulty drive.

I tried to create the bootable USB using two methods, so that may rule it out aswell?

Just now, kwljz said:

Thanks about the ram info, I’ll try to lower the frequence. Its not a main PC, so It’s not that big of a deal. 

GPU was changed, so it’s not that. TPM being enabled is also ruled out since I changed the motherboard and its still the same. 

To be clear, I didn’t installed the Windows on all of them at once, I tried Installing Windows on each of them when no other drives were connected, just to rule out a faulty drive.

I tried to create the bootable USB using two methods, so that may rule it out aswell?

Did you use the same ISO for both methods though?

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Did you use the same ISO for both methods though?

Nope, one was from the ISO, second was using the Windows Media creation tool.

Try installing windows in any other disk and check whether the problem accures if it still accuses in the new drive try to hard reset your bios. If you are not getting the problem try to formate the SSD from a secondary pc of some sort.

13 hours ago, sriram gangadhar said:

Try installing windows in any other disk and check whether the problem accures if it still accuses in the new drive try to hard reset your bios. If you are not getting the problem try to formate the SSD from a secondary pc of some sort.

Tried installing on other drive aswell 😕 BIOS resetted on both motherboards. Still nothing 😕