My pc has been working fine for about 2 years then suddenly shutdown and won't boot, no fans are on no lights except motherboard's no beeping either.

zelotes

I tried inserting a new psu didn't change anything
I tried changing the cmos battery/reset it no changes whatsoever
I tried starting it without the gpu didn't change anything
Note that I never touched the inside of the case in anytime inbetween those 2 years.

What specs? Pretty sure the board is faulty. Try removing everything except from the board, PSU and 1 fan. I know this sounds weird, but if you still can't get any sign of life this way it's 100% the board. If the fan spins it could be something else

Pull everything out.

Clean with compressed air.

Set mobo on phone book, or something equally sturdy and non-conductive.

Plug in only the things needed to boot:

1 stick of RAM.

PSU

CPU/Cooler

GPU

Try to power on.

If no power, AND you are sure the PSU is good, then mobo is likely bad.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

a friend of mine said the issue could be something related to my cpu overheating?

10 minutes ago, zelotes said:

a friend of mine said the issue could be something related to my cpu overheating?

I doubt this is the case. Unless you manually disabled thermal protection in BIOS and melted your CPU, it would at least post. If you're sure that the power supply you subbed in to test was a good one, and that didn't fix the issue, it sounds like a dead mobo to me.

30 minutes ago, zelotes said:

Nah, granted if it’s super dusty that could cause it’s own problems, but it would still start before getting too hot and shutting down.

A complete no start is a motherboard or power delivery issue 99% of the time

Theres a rare chance it would be a dead cpu but that’s the last option to look for because it would be extremely rare for that to happen.