In-Ear wired headphones that won't break the bank

varrys

I'm looking to spend probably no more than $80 on a pair of wired in-ear headphones. I wear glasses and have found most over-ear headphones unbearable after an hour, though admittedly I haven't tried expensive headphones. Hence the in-ear.

I saw some good reviews about Final and their E3000 line. (And the E4000, but that's a bit out of my range.) But I kept seeing comments regarding "Hard to drive & requires to be paired with a powerful amp." If I'm plugging these into my desktop speakers (Bose Companion 2 Series III), is this going to be an issue? No idea what "hard to drive" means. If plugged into a phone or Switch, does it mean it drains the battery quicker?

Also, for a microphone included from Final, I'm seeing the VR3000 and the E3000C. I'm not sure what the big difference is for $15+.

I'm open to other companies too, if you have recommendations! I don't enjoy heavy bass and prefer more treble in my listening.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

I concur with these ^.  Shure is another potential option, but more expensive.

I also wear glasses.  Some styles of temples will be more accommodating to headphones than others.  My daily-use headphones for 5+ years has been a pair of Sennheiser HD439's with the bass mod.  I've tried various other models of over the ear, but none feel as unencumbered as Sennheiser.  If you want a firm, clamped feel and headphones that won't move--look elsewhere.  If you want "fitting but zero pressure", Sennheiser is the ticket.

The HD439's are lightweight, cloth ear cushions (washable), and don't irritate my scalp/ears.  They're an older model, and I'm sure the newer ones have some improvements; I haven't even looked that closely because I've been extremely happy with these.

47 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Two brands I like: Senheiser and Klipsch.  I have a pair of Klipsch s4-ii and I really like them.  They are only about $50-60 bucks.

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/klipsch-image-s4-review/

Thanks for the suggestion, but seems these aren't available anymore. And hardly any Klipsch on Amazon (at least in stock).

5600x/RTX 4080

I'm not up to date on the topic for In Ears, but take a gander online for "best chi-fi IEMS 2021" or similar searches. Take a look, chi-fi in-ears are normally fairly cheap with excellent sound quality. (essentially more expensive name brand in-ears without the brand on it)

58 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I'm not up to date on the topic for In Ears, but take a gander online for "best chi-fi IEMS 2021" or similar searches. Take a look, chi-fi in-ears are normally fairly cheap with excellent sound quality. (essentially more expensive name brand in-ears without the brand on it)

Well the first article I opened has the Final E3000 at the top, so I guess I picked a good one to target! Thanks, will keep looking at brands on these types of lists.

5600x/RTX 4080