CPU temps come down under load but fans stay the same?

soulvice666

So I noticed that my CPU was running pretty hot at idle (65-67c) for the cooling setup I have, So I thought I would take a look to see why. I reapplied some thermal paste, seated the cooler correctly, checked my fans, checked Bios and setup a slightly more aggressive fan curve. After which I thought I would check my work and low and behold, no change. I though I would see how the temps were under load because if they werent too bad I would just live with it. I ran the stress test in CPU-Z and within 20 seconds my CPu temps dropped by 10 degrees and it just kept dropping untill it hit the low 40's and stayed there for about 10 mins with no change to my fan speed, then when I stopped the stress test it jumped back up 65-67c within a couple of seconds.

I am very confused but also am aware that the pump on my aio might be doing something whacky when it knows its under load and ramps up the flow.... I've looked as far as I know how and can't seem to find an answer, so here I am.

Also to note, I have not experienced any drops in perfomance or crashes, just think its odd behavior and am a litttle concered about the idle temps.

PC specs

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x

RAM - 32gb of 3600mhz 

GPU - RTX 3070

MOBO - Aorus B550i Pro AX

PSU - 750w coolermaster SFX

Case - Coolermaster NR200p (using the mesh panel)

CPU cooler - Silverstone 240mm AIO

Fans - 4 x 120mm fans (2 up top and 2 on the rad)

OS -  WIndows 10 Home 64b

BIOS - F13h

Tools I used for monitering and adjusting fans are HWMonitor, CPU-Z and Aorus SIV

Any insight into this behavior would be much appreciated :)

stress CPU temps.PNG

idle CPU temps.PNG