Where can i get the most up to date tech related news?

Ya_Mi

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Lots of tech news sites you can follow:

Verge, Ars Technica, TechSpot, Toms Hardware just to name a few. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Lots of tech news sites you can follow:

Verge, Ars Technica, TechSpot, Toms Hardware just to name a few. 

Which one do you think is the best? I am well aware of toms but the verge? not sure if they're you know...

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

Which one do you think is the best? I am well aware of toms but the verge? not sure if they're you know...

with anything, you have to take it all with a grain of salt if its rumors until something actually launches or comes out. All of them likely have some form of checks and balance and editorial oversight, some better than others to ensure accuracy and legitimacy. I personally don't really follow tech news much beyond a few of the tech YT channels and whatever gets posted here on the LTT forums that peaks my interest. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

with anything, you have to take it all with a grain of salt if its rumors until something actually launches or comes out. All of them likely have some form of checks and balance and editorial oversight, some better than others to ensure accuracy and legitimacy. I personally don't really follow tech news much beyond a few of the tech YT channels and whatever gets posted here on the LTT forums that peaks my interest. 

Got it, thank you very much

8 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

Which one do you think is the best?

How long is a piece of string?

Everybody has different tastes and prefers different news sources depending on how their personal narratives align with the editorial direction of the sources. This isn't such a big deal with Tech News but yeah, some sites do try to push a certain narrative (probably more correct to say bias), even with Tech News.

WCCF is great for rumour mill stuff as long as you go in knowing most of it is rumour or speculation. For generally neutral stuff I suggest AnandTech, I personally avoid Toms since the site seems to strongly favour Intel over AMD and at this point, The Verge is more meme than serious source.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

How long is a piece of string?

Whoa hold your philosophical horses my dude, of course i meant by the accuracy and on how up to date they're.

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Everybody has different tastes and prefers different news sources depending on how their personal narratives align with the editorial direction of the sources. This isn't such a big deal with Tech News but yeah, some sites do try to push a certain narrative (probably more correct to say bias), even with Tech News.

WCCF is great for rumour mill stuff as long as you go in knowing most of it is rumour or speculation. For generally neutral stuff I suggest AnandTech, I personally avoid Toms since the site seems to strongly favour Intel over AMD and at this point, The Verge is more meme than serious source.

Thank you, been living under a rock for quite some time now. Its time for an update.

Anandtech has very thorough articles, with good explanations about how things work. 

Toms Hardware is just OK, the amount of ads annoys me. 

GamersNexus has well researched videos and does in-depth reviews and also posts articles / summaries of videos etc  on their website.

Ars Technica I see is mostly as news items. 

WCCF.. yeah, rumors, leaks, stuff that may not realize/happen ... used to browse Semi Accurate often for the same reason, but the most recent articles are now behind paywalls (they unlock after a month or so) so don't visit it so often anymore. The guy who owns the website Charlie Demerjian worked on The Inquirer and he actually got some good leaks and predictions in the past but the paywall is annoying.  

I enjoy watching/listening to The Full Nerd on PC World's Youtube channel - mix of IT news, entertainment, sometimes they invite people from companies like Intel / AMD / nVidia who talk about what they launch (but of course those people are usually only saying what they're allowed to say, not gonna get leaks or super honest answers from them, or answers to questions about competitors etc but nevertheless it's informative) 

Have to admit I don't read their website much, maybe once a month I browse to see some articles there.

2 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

Quite simple really after were you are posting this obviously TechQuickie, and Linus Tech Tips

Wait, dailytech and sharkyextreme are no longer a thing?  WTH did this happen???