PSU Popping and Flashing when switched on

Mariio_

I've had my PC for about a year now and haven't had many issues with it. However recently I noticed that I could hear something popping when turning the electricity on. I wasn't sure what it was exactly, so I decided to switch the PSU off when turning off the electricity. Now I switched the electricity bar on, nothing popped, but when I switched my PSU on, the pop happened once again and there was also a flash of electricity inside / around the PSU.

There have been a few power outages, but they all were a while ago and as far as I know, none that happened recently.

PC is working fine right now. What could be causing this? Should I get the PSU replaced?

Specs:

• be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze
  • Ryzen 7 2700X
  • Zotac 1660 Super
  • ASRock B450M Pro4-F
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB ( 2 x 8 GB )
  • Kingston A2000 500GB Boot SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
  • An old 300 GB HDD from old PC.

I would recommend replacing that PSU as soon as you can. You do not want the PSU to further degrade and possibly damage some/all of your parts down the line.

I don't know about your wealth situation or risk tolerance but if this PC can not easily be replaced. Then I would go farther than Ykcud and advise between the time it takes to replace the PSU : Stop using the computer immediately and unplug it! Like Ykcud mentioned It can fail in away that destroys your PC. It is well documented that faulty PSU can die and take many other components with it. But don't take our word for it. Google "faulty PSU killed my [insert component of choice here]". You will see thousands of various media posts on the topic.