Windows 10 Weird freeze but mouse still moves can’t open anything

ozzpala

Hi all

think this may just be one of these things with windows throwing a wobbly. Playing a game just fine came to close it, closed absolutely fine so no issues there however when I got to windows something wasn’t right. Had an internet page up and it wouldn’t load anything closed it and couldn’t open anything at all on my desktop be it programs or the windows start up. Crtl alt and shift didn’t do anything either just proceeded to show the spin symbol on my mouse. Tried typing something in the “type here to search” box however just went black soon as I clicked it.

Restarted and it all went away had to restart via the pc. I’ve done SFC scan to repair corrupted documents as it did find some however curious if anyone else has had this or it’s just one of them wonderful things.

Sounds like your standard, run-of-the-mill "explorer.exe is being an ass and has decided to hang".

Not as common nowadays as it used to be back in the day, but still happens every now and then. Unless it keeps happening, I wouldn't worry about it.