Left PC idle for a few hours, came back to a white main screen and a indigo colored second screen

MrP6k

Has anyone had this happened before? I tried pressing ctrl+alt+delete and everything but it didn't want to respond.

I hard reseted my pc and everything seems fine for now, but I've never had that happen to me before

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

3 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

Has anyone had this happened before? I tried pressing ctrl+alt+delete and everything but it didn't want to respond.

I hard reseted my pc and everything seems fine for now, but I've never had that happen to me before

I think I had a similar problem with my previous system, it was the same, but I only had 1 screen, when I was playing gta 5, on loading screens it sometimes would do that. Slightly underclocking the gpu using msi afterburner fixed it. I didnt find the issue. It wasnt the gpu. when I upgraded the system, I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram, and the problem was gone

18 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

I think I had a similar problem with my previous system, it was the same, but I only had 1 screen, when I was playing gta 5, on loading screens it sometimes would do that. Slightly underclocking the gpu using msi afterburner fixed it. I didnt find the issue. It wasnt the gpu. when I upgraded the system, I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram, and the problem was gone

Good to know that it isn't likely that it's the gpu, this is such a peculiar error

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r