What type of pc game you have to play with mouse&keyboard?

buklu

What type of pc game you have to play with gamepad?

games like Read Dead Redemption 2 or most Racing Games are more enjoyable with a Gamepad.

I bought the new Xbox Controller for RDR2 and it's mosdef better than Mouse and KB.

Anything strategy game. Starcraft, Civilization etc. Other than that, I play everything else with a controller.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

World of Tanks/Warships, Battlefield 3/4/1/5/2042, Minecraft, Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty (when I played it on PC once), and The Forest. 

American/Euro Truck Simulator I use mouse and keyboard as well as a joystick for steering. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

All of them. I have a disability, so controllers are no-go for me.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

56 minutes ago, buklu said:

Whichever I feel like

Everything with M/K.  Unless it's a console game ported over to PC, always a M/K.  Only things I can recall playing with a controller on my PC are Streets of Rage 4 and South Park (Stick of Truth/Fractured but Whole).

I'm almost always mouse and keyboard, except for space flight sims that I used to play when they were at their peak -- think the Wing Commander and Privateer series. Though I have one for Elite: Dangerous as well, need to get back into that game.

Many games aren't made for joystick even if they seem like a good fit. Take Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries. No way can I be accurate/quick enough in aiming with my joystick, I have to use mouse and keyboard. Suppose I could get a controller, but eh, not my style.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

Valhalla 

And that puzzle game with the fairy.

Everything else supports controller thankfully. 

EXCEPT TIE FIGHTER  which is why I've never played it lol, thousands of hours with controller in Acecombat i can't even start to imagine flying a plane with a keyboard...

Tldr,  unless its a point and click game I'll always use a DUALSHOCK controller.  It's one of those things that I think are poorly supported on pc, I'd really love to control everything with a controller,  Vista could do that , they had Xbox style "blades" fully integrated  *only works with Xbox controller iirc.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Toolhead1987 said:

games like Read Dead Redemption 2 or most Racing Games are more enjoyable with a Gamepad.

I bought the new Xbox Controller for RDR2 and it's mosdef better than Mouse and KB.

right, you know,  I never play with kb/m it feels like work... with a controller you can just kick back and relax...

I get it, for certain games kb/m is preferable,  but it stil just seems like "work", sitting upright , starring at the screen and pointing at little dots is just not very enjoyable to me sorry!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

The only games I use a mouse and keyboard for are stuff like Diablo 3 or chess on pc.

Anything else, even fps games, I play on controller.

I'm too old to relearn with a mouse and keyboard (m&k) at this point, and I really don't care enough to spend weeks, or more likely months, being destroyed as I try to readjust. 

I suppose it doesn't help that I have a cheap Logitech mouse and keyboard set that is there just to navigate the pc interface. 

It's not even so much the mouse part, it's the keyboard side.

It doesn't feel intuitive after 35 years using a controller, and the few times I did try to play using m&k my forearm and wrist really ached on the keyboard side.

Obviously, that will go away in time. 

But, still, I think I will just stick with my ps4 pad and be done with it.

Any racing or sport game is done with a controller. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Up until about 12 months ago I used keyboard and mouse for pretty much any game unless it was racing for which I have wheel and pedals for, Forza Horizon games I use a controller. Since my disability is progressive it's kind of forced me to use a controller for FPS games and after 30 years of using a keyboard and mouse, it's been one hell of a learning curve trying to aim with thumb sticks!

None.

If it's a PC game, it has m/k support, so you can use it.

There's absolutely no 'have to', just a matter of preference if one chooses to use something else.

17 hours ago, Soag said:

None.

If it's a PC game, it has m/k support, so you can use it.

There's absolutely no 'have to', just a matter of preference if one chooses to use something else.

the street fighter and mortal kombat series say hello. 

Another example where controllers are far and away better is sports games.  But of course the player base of these games I think trend more toward consoles.

But I don't do consoles, and I still have have NHL 08 & NBA 2k10.  You can play them with KB&M,  but it is garbage compared to the analog sticks you use with controllers.

So having owned and played these games for over a decade, it was always KB&M until this year where I finally got over the initial learning curve. A couple years back I tried using controller,  and was soured on them because I just didn't get it.  Now I'm starting to learn the skill sticks and it is like a new game when comparing to playing with KB&M!

On 11/5/2021 at 6:24 AM, Gork said:

the street fighter and mortal kombat series say hello. 

What your comment adds to the discussion? How it provides a counterargument to my comment?

As far as I know both of these games have keyboard support and there's absolutely no requirement to use a controller on PC.

It might be more comfortable, but I did cover that with 'just a matter of preference if one chooses to use something else'.

I'm eagerly waiting for a response.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, IPD said:

Everything with M/K.  Unless it's a console game ported over to PC, always a M/K.  Only things I can recall playing with a controller on my PC are Streets of Rage 4 and South Park (Stick of Truth/Fractured but Whole).

Except they're all console ports since forever lol

Jokes aside, December last year my friend got me a controller I wanted for a long time, Logitech F310, and soon after that, I've been playing the majority of my games with that little bastard.

Prey (2017), Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, No Man's Sky, Harry Potter games beyond the 3rd - that's a short list of games I played with it and it was an amazing experience. Some of these felt a lot more natural and pleasant to control that way, too (probably because of the console port joke from above).

As for mouse and keyboard, though, I had been very religious about this control scheme prior to getting the Logitech F310 controller, and still feel like some games simply can't be played otherwise. Not comfortably, at least.

For example, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series most likely can be played with a controller, but the entire game was not designed for a controller, and that shows in its level and enemy and combat design, let alone the way you manage the inventory in this game. Compared to Prey (2017), which also has FPS combat and inventory to manage, the game itself is not much more difficult, but the way it's designed (without controller in mind) makes playing it with something else than mouse and keyboard unpleasantly different.

And things like CS:GO or Apex Legends on PC, where the majority of other players use mouse and keyboard and can perform actions faster than most controller players, are a better experience with mouse and keyboard. There are expections, of course.

I play basically everything on my Xbox controller that works. I don't mind the mouse it is the keyboard. I hate typing more than I need to and I already have to write to make money so I don't want to game while hurting my wrists. 

Despite mods and the like, I have been playing KOTOR on my ipad more often BECAUSE it has actual support for things. 

So yes, that means I play Halo with a controller, like I have been doing since 2002. It has been an issue with Fallout 4 lately as certain adult mods have hotkeys and such that do not work for a controller so I have been unable to actually use them, and last time I tried Among Us it was wonky to say the least on a controller but that was many updates ago. 

Really the only ones I have played with a mouse on my PC lately are only mouse needed ones like Terraforming Mars, Mini Metro, or CIV 3. (yeah you can use keyboard shortcuts in that, or just click the button) 

I mean I hate keyboards so much I tried that Dragon software once to just speak to make it type. That didn't go well. 

On 10/26/2021 at 12:32 PM, buklu said:

Rocket League and GTA 5 unless I'm shooting. Everything else on kbm