For 3D animation, what's the performance difference between 16gb vs 32gb of RAM?

Just got a job as a Junior 3D Animator, hurray, and have been WFH.

This is just for animation, not rendering as that is not really part of my pipeline yet , but will probably have to deal with that much later in my career. Got my first pay and wanna spend it on something to celebrate too, so i'm also considering upgrading storage, but i'm not really a data hoarder. I delete the game, but keep the saves.

Thanks!

3070 | 5800x | 16GB

Hello, Im not a 3d artist or anything related, only tried some stuff here and there. 

Just as an example, if you run Unreal engine 5 and try to play a bit with it, it will use ram and loads of it, and with this also Vram.

I have a 3900x, 48g ram, 6800xt, what I can recomend is go with 2x16g sticks and then upgrade to 64. 

It depends on the software you use. In my experiences it affects software crashes. Performance is otherwise identical. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 hours ago, manuelito1233 said:

Just got a job as a Junior 3D Animator, hurray, and have been WFH.

This is just for animation, not rendering as that is not really part of my pipeline yet , but will probably have to deal with that much later in my career. Got my first pay and wanna spend it on something to celebrate too, so i'm also considering upgrading storage, but i'm not really a data hoarder. I delete the game, but keep the saves.

Thanks!

Since it's just animation other than some improved stability because whatever software you were using has a small memory fit not much really. Monitor your ram usage if it's near max yeah then that could help.