Second monitor not being detected

Krisp-kiwi

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue where my second monitor isn't being detected with the computer. I've tried disconnecting the monitors and using them one at a time using their respective cables and they both work individually but when i plug them both in, one works the other doesn't detect. I've tried checking for new driver updates for my graphics card and checking the display settings in windows but no luck. I've tried running both on display port cables and one on an HDMI cable and the other on a displayport cable.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 1070 and the monitors are these: https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/MONSAM321280/Samsung-LU28R550U-28-4K-IPS-Monitor--3840X2160--2X

Any Assistance would be appreciated. 

Try DDU. Run it in safe mode and reinstall drivers, see if that fixes it. A driver issue is possible in this situation, and outside of a vBIOS issue or an actual hardware issue, I can't think of much else that could cause this.

24 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Try DDU. Run it in safe mode and reinstall drivers, see if that fixes it. A driver issue is possible in this situation, and outside of a vBIOS issue or an actual hardware issue, I can't think of much else that could cause this.

Just tried uninstalling the Nvidia driver, loading in with safe mode then reinstalling the latest driver from their website, sadly no dice. Wondering if two 4k monitors is just too much for a 1070? 

49 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Okay I got 1 display port and 1 HDMI working but apparently two display port and its not down with that. Very weird also quite annoying as the work around for G sync requires both to be on display port from the reading ive done

Unfortunately I have the same Issue.

The only solution that worked required installing the last working driver. I am currently stuck at 462.31. In other forums users say 466.11 is working.

I recommend to download all driver releases starting from last working Driver to latest. I did that and nothing worked but above mentioned release.

Also, I recommend to not delete any of working drivers until you make sure the newer driver works perfectly.

My setup is Laptop P53 T2000 connected to Samsung U590 as Main monitor (I am disabling laptop's screen)

I hope this helped. I hope you solve that annoying issue.