iCloud backup for IPad…not enough iCloud storage with everything turned off?

Uxzil0
Go to solution Solved by Uxzil0,

Okay so after spending one hour with Apple support, it appears that I didn’t turn off everything beforehand since there are actually two separate lists of apps to be backed up for reasons beyond my comprehension. Now I have turned both lists off and somehow the backup size is still at 3GB which the support staff told me those are system files and miscellaneous files which is still kind of BS. 

So I have a completely empty 5GB storage, and I eventually turned off every single backup item, yet somehow it still tells me there’s not enough iCloud storage available when I try to do iCloud backup. Is this some kind of apple scam? Exactly how much storage is needed?

iCloud by default backs up many other than backups. Photos and videos are the most notable one. If you already own another iPad, Mac, iPhone or iPod Touch (maybe I missed some but not the point), you also will be sharing that 5GB of space if you have the same Apple-ID. Go to iCloud.com and go look what you have on there.

Like I said Photos have been turned off from the list of backup items. If fact EVERYTHING has been turned off.  Like I also said the storage is currently empty with less than 7MB used.

Okay so after spending one hour with Apple support, it appears that I didn’t turn off everything beforehand since there are actually two separate lists of apps to be backed up for reasons beyond my comprehension. Now I have turned both lists off and somehow the backup size is still at 3GB which the support staff told me those are system files and miscellaneous files which is still kind of BS.