Computer turns on, refuses to boot, resets after a minute

Hey there!

I just built a PC and it worked fine for a day or two. But just today, it stopped working. It would power on just fine, displaying no error lights, but would not boot up and peripherals (keyboard/mouse lights as indicators) did not activate. Furthermore, after about 1minute, I would hear a click from the PSU and the computer would restart. This makes little sense to me; almost all the parts in the computer are a few years old, but the PSU I specifically bought brand new just a few days ago. Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

33 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

When you say it doesn't boot, can you get to the BIOS or is it just a black screen? 

No BIOS, just a black screen

Update: the PSU is no longer clicking and the OC is no longer cycling on and off; but it still refuses to boot and peripherals are not being turned on.

I'll describe the power-on process if it helps; The When I press the power button, all the fans turn on and the red light (CPU) flashes briefly on the MOBO. the fans and lights all turn off for a few seconds, then they boot back up. This time, after the red light blinks, the unit continues to power on and the yellow light (DRAM) will come on for a few more seconds. Then it turns off. Typically, before this issue started, the white (VGA) and green (boot) led would take their turn turning on for a few seconds and then turning off, then the PC would boot. However, recently it stopped getting past the DRAM and would just continue to have its fans turn. I tried taking out the VGA and swapping RAM sticks, neither worked.

19 hours ago, TechnoTurtle said:

I'll describe the power-on process if it helps; The When I press the power button, all the fans turn on and the red light (CPU) flashes briefly on the MOBO. the fans and lights all turn off for a few seconds, then they boot back up. This time, after the red light blinks, the unit continues to power on and the yellow light (DRAM) will come on for a few more seconds. Then it turns off. Typically, before this issue started, the white (VGA) and green (boot) led would take their turn turning on for a few seconds and then turning off, then the PC would boot. However, recently it stopped getting past the DRAM and would just continue to have its fans turn. I tried taking out the VGA and swapping RAM sticks, neither worked.

First step would be to reset the BIOS, you can do this by removing the CMOS battery (Leaving it out for 5 minutes) and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, unplug all drives, all but 1 stick of ram and if your CPU has onboard video, remove your GPU and plug into the motherboard display output. Then see if it'll boot. 

2 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

First step would be to reset the BIOS, you can do this by removing the CMOS battery (Leaving it out for 5 minutes) and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, unplug all drives, all but 1 stick of ram and if your CPU has onboard video, remove your GPU and plug into the motherboard display output. Then see if it'll boot. 

Unfortunately, none of these worked. Any more last-ditch efforts I could try?