Looking for old PvP tetris game

BXN

Hey All,

Out of nostalgia and talking with my sisters, we came around the topic of quite old game that we played around 2000s.

It was a tetris game with PvP mode (I think even more that 1vs1 - 1vs1vs1 and also it was possible to play vs a PC) that had a feature to screw up your opponent's puzzle with multiple types of "weapons", like shuffle or add additional blocks. There were also some helpful blocks. And it had awesome music in it 😄 

It was an offline game (maybe there was a newer revision with online play - don't know) that was possible to download at a time (and also was still developed as new versions were available), not Flash based, but now when looking for it, not possible to find anything. That may indicate that it was an independent work.

And the title that I think it had was Etris, but Google Search does not help me with that. Maybe my memory is blurry with that one.

Maybe it rings a bell to someone?

[UPDATE]

Now after doing some digging it may be not 2000s, but late 90s as we remembered other game that we played a lot: Bust-a-Move 2: Arcade Edition. That one is dated from 1996 (thx Wiki), but it's possible that we played it not when it was brand new.

So this tetris gam would be from late 90s or early 2000s.

And, by looking on some YT videos, it was dark themed (maybe even black background) with blocks with colors, but "I think" not whole - just a borders.

puzzle fighter II ?

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, also known as Super Puzzle Fighter II X, is a tile-matching fighting video game that was initially released back in 1996 for the arcade systems but was later ported to the Game Boy Advance (GBA) handheld gaming console. The game is a parody of the popular fighting game Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and features the same character as the game, but with different tile-matching puzzle gameplay. The game follows the gameplay and rules of the original Puyo Puyo 2 game with a little variation on the gameplay. The game features a total of eight Capcom characters, four from Street Fighter Franchise, while the remaining four from the Darkstalkers and Night Warriors franchise. The game also features a couple of hidden characters, will you be able to discover them all? Good luck!

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

8 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

puzzle fighter II ?

Not tetris based 😞 

16 hours ago, BXN said:

It was a tetris game with PvP mode (I think even more that 1vs1 - 1vs1vs1 and also it was possible to play vs a PC) that had a feature to screw up your opponent's puzzle with multiple types of "weapons", like shuffle or add additional blocks. There were also some helpful blocks.

Don't know any old game like this but there is one which is fairly new called Tricky Towers which is exactly as you described.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

• 1 year later...

We had some discussion in family and the name "Etris" seems to be the right one.

Also it was more 2D than 3D (no 3D effects, backgrounds, even tiles were more "old school").