5900X and Corsair H150I Pro XT Problems

JP8296

SO, I updated my cpu from a R9 3900X to R9 5900X and now i'm having some temperature problems. My corsair H150I could handle the 3900x like a champ with low temps wile gaming but it seams to have some trouble keeping the 5900x temps under control, it idles at ~42º but any thing makes it go up to 80º plus, 88º wile gaming and some others tasks (room temp around 20º), and i think that is too hot. The cpu in idle works at ~4ghz and i neve saw it go down to the base speed at 3.7ghz. Something wrong with my cpu? Shouldn't a 360mm AIO handle a 5900x without problems?  

Rig specs:

-R9 5900x

- Asus 570X E-Gaming

- 32Gb G.skill Trident z 3600 C16

-RTX 3080Ti

-Corsair H150i Pro XT

-Corsair HX 850

Idle.png

Test.png

If it doesnt have a slow ramp up to 80c and simply jumps straight to it, then your cooler probably just has a thermal paste bridge connecting it to the cpu and itsnt actually contactacting it well enough for the heat to sink into it. So the cpu cooler is just keeping the paste cool instead of the actual cpu.

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

If it doesnt have a slow ramp up to 80c and simply jumps straight to it, then your cooler probably just has a thermal paste bridge connecting it to the cpu and itsnt actually contactacting it well enough for the heat to sink into it. So the cpu cooler is just keeping the paste cool instead of the actual cpu.

It does ramp up but not to slow and also not a jump between temps, but gonna take out the cooler, clean it and repast, doesn't hurt trying.