I Need Help Finding Out if Something is Possible

egocheap

Hi. I'm looking to use my iPhone 12 Pro Max as my main video camera for my YouTube channel. I'm a user of Filmic Pro which will give true clean HDMI out andI have an El Gato Cam Link 4k and would love to get my video in 4k format, however all of the lightning to HDMI adapter dongles I've seen are saying they only can do 4k. Is that simply a limit of the Lightning Cable or is there something else I can do?

Note, I currently record with the phone and then transfer it to my computer, but I'd love to be able to skip that transfer step and thus using the Cam Link would be ideal.

The lighting port on the iPhone regardless of model is only rated for USB 2.0 speeds. Which is too slow for 4K video.

4 hours ago, BecauseRussia said:

The lighting port on the iPhone regardless of model is only rated for USB 2.0 speeds. Which is too slow for 4K video.

it cn do 1080p over the port, so thats well over what usb 2 speeds. It carry other signals other than usb 2 over the port.

5 hours ago, egocheap said:

I've seen are saying they only can do 4k.

do you mean 1080p/2k?

5 hours ago, egocheap said:

I'm looking to use my iPhone 12 Pro Max as my main video camera for my YouTube channel.

Are you live streaming or recording then editing? For livestreaming its basically all 1080p anywys, don't worry bout not having 4k.

For recording, id relly suggest just shooting on phone rather than a capture card. Normally just  better workflow.

23 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

it cn do 1080p over the port, so thats well over what usb 2 speeds. It carry other signals other than usb 2 over the port.

do you mean 1080p/2k?

Are you live streaming or recording then editing? For livestreaming its basically all 1080p anywys, don't worry bout not having 4k.

For recording, id relly suggest just shooting on phone rather than a capture card. Normally just  better workflow.

The big issue I have with just using the phone and recording with filmic is getting it to my pc. For some reason, my iPhone and pc hate each other. When I connect it via usb either c or 3 (I’ve tested both ports with the corresponding differing lightning cables” my iPhone will repeatedly ask me if I trust the computer then seemingly forgetting and ask again making it impossible to transfer via a cable. Right now I have to upload from my iPhone to drive and then download on my computer, which I hate doing for data purposes. I’m quite torn on what to do. 

10 minutes ago, egocheap said:

The big issue I have with just using the phone and recording with filmic is getting it to my pc. For some reason, my iPhone and pc hate each other. When I connect it via usb either c or 3 (I’ve tested both ports with the corresponding differing lightning cables” my iPhone will repeatedly ask me if I trust the computer then seemingly forgetting and ask again making it impossible to transfer via a cable. Right now I have to upload from my iPhone to drive and then download on my computer, which I hate doing for data purposes. I’m quite torn on what to do. 

Do you have itens? Try using itunes on the pc. That should make it so you can copy files without issues.

Also your on wifi right? Then you can copy files to a network share on the pc without using data.

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have itens? Try using itunes on the pc. That should make it so you can copy files without issues.

Also your on wifi right? Then you can copy files to a network share on the pc without using data.

I can go iphone to pc over my network without it costing towards my home internets data limits?

43 minutes ago, egocheap said:

I can go iphone to pc over my network without it costing towards my home internets data limits?

Yea you can use the files app to copy to a smb share on your PC.

But id try itunes first.