Yuzu vs ryujinx

asheenlevrai

Hi 馃槉

I'm a noob to this. I'm currently considering using either yuzu or ryujinx.

I was told yuzu has better perfs.

I was told ryujinx supports online features via ldn (while yuzu removed online features quickly after implementing them last year).

I guess online features are quite important for many games (mk8, acnh, AmUs,...)

Does this mean I should only look into how set up ryujinx on my pc or are there other factors to consider?

Thanks a lot for your help and advice.

Best,

-a-

Why not try both and find what works for you?

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

16 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Why not try both and find what works for you?

Right...

I'm trying to save a bit of time and avoid mixing up the 2 (I tend to do that... Sorry)

On 10/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, asheenlevrai said:

yuzu removed online features

We have a clear winner:

On 10/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, asheenlevrai said:

ryujinx

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop聽

Superposition聽

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/29/2021 at 4:45 AM, Mark Kaine said:

We have a clear winner:

Do you have any experience with Ryujinx yourself?

I'v tried yuzu for a few days now since ryujinx seemed harder to setup and configure.

I'm obviously open to use ryujinx (or both) if there's a reason for it. It's difficult for an inexperienced user like me to compare...

Now, about online features, it sounds like none of them is superior actually. A lot of conflicting/outdated information online

2 hours ago, asheenlevrai said:

Do you have any experience with Ryujinx yourself?

I'v tried yuzu for a few days now since ryujinx seemed harder to setup and configure.

I'm obviously open to use ryujinx (or both) if there's a reason for it. It's difficult for an inexperienced user like me to compare...

Now, about online features, it sounds like none of them is superior actually. A lot of conflicting/outdated information online

Tried both. For "online" play, you need a special build of Ryujinx (LDN build), it's available on their Github wiki. BUt the reason "online" is in quotes, is that you can't actually connect the emulated game to internet. You can play multiplayer over the internet from what I can gather, but you can't really redeem codes or such. Now, I don't play much multiplayer, so Yuzu works well enough for me. It also doesn't hurt that the latest EA builds of Yuzu now have support for AMD FSR upscaling.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

No, sorry I haven't tried either,聽 I'm just saying that having a working online is a clear advantage in my opinion...

3 hours ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

the reason "online" is in quotes, is that you can't actually connect the emulated game to internet. You can play multiplayer over the internet from what I can gather, but you can't really redeem codes or such.

I don't know the technicalities,聽 I suppose someone somewhere needs to be a host (p2p likely) but yes, the point of such a system is to enable multi-player,聽 you aren't going to connect to Nintendo etc online systems that way.聽聽

Also at least in rpcs3 there needs to be support implemented for each game, otherwise there isnt going to be any online (you can enable a stimulated online system,聽 but without support its not going to really do anything)聽

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop聽

Superposition聽

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Yuzu is ok when it works. It wants a lot of horsepower though, and is pretty fidgety IMO. But! when it works it does well. No idea about Ryu.聽