HTC One M8 Review & DUAL PHONE GIVEAWAY!

I own the M7 and I can't imagine myself with anything else. The M8 looks to make subtle improvements to what is already a solid phone.

I love the dual camera thing the most, not only because of all the features that comes with, but also that they succeded to show that you can stay innovative in the industry today (unlike samsung's galaxy s5 or s4). And how not to mention the SPEAKERS?!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Everyone talks about the Hardware and the Specs, and the speakers. But it's the little things about this phone that really make my happy. The fact that this year HTC is updating its native first party apps through Google Play, Blinkfeed is highly customizable and better than ever in Sense 6.0, AND there is native Emoji icons in the messaging app, AND the BIGGEST thing for an Audiophile like me the M8 makes my decent headphones and car speakers sound so much better than they are and this is because of the audio processing built into this phone! Compared to many other phones and the M8 makes my headphones and car audio system sound the best!

My favorite thing about the M8 is that sweet metal build and those amazing front facing speakers. A lot of people I know have the M7 and I still get jealous because of those speakers!

I really like the overall look and feel of the phone on top of the way better than my phone hardware inside of it.

Favorite feature is how simple and LOGICAL the interface is to use.  Many friends and family have the galaxy line of phones and ask for help, I find them so un-intuitive its frustrating.  Also my old HTC Incredible 2 I am still using runs smoother than many current phones 

I like the dual camera feature, thats so cool,hope i win though

Hope I win. This phone looks amazing, especially the forward pointed speakers.

My favorite thing about the M8 is definately the build quality, I'd absolutely love this to replace my old Wave 578.

I must say, this is looking to be quite a nice phone.  I really love the front facing audio output, which most of my handheld electronics do not provide, and the built in amps, that is incredible.  I have had an iPod gen 5 since its release, and the audio reproduction power was never really enough for my standards.  On top of that I also just got some incredible Sennheiser HD8 DJs by your recommendation, and found that there was just not enough oomf for listening with really clear sound.  Finally I love the sleek look of the phone, and it is very nice that HTC has design it so that the edges are seamless.  I just love the feel of seamless handhelds and, since I tend to mess with them more than I should, It is a great addition that means I will have less of a chance of accidentally ripping something off with my fingernails.  A few cons, now that I think about it, it could have a more defined power button that protrudes more out of the phone itself, but with the double tap sleep/wake was probably the trade off in that case.  Another one was the audio button.  I really like to have two that are separately defined, because you have accidentally lower the volume when trying to increase it or the other way around, which is minor, but can be a nuisance at times.  Overall it looks like it has superior build quality with very nice hardware implemented in it, and it has very few drawbacks, so a two thumbs up for me and a high recommendation for anyone wanting to buy it.

HTC really nailed this years flagship. I'd have to say that Zoe and BoomSound would have to be the best thing about the phone other then the amazing build quality. Plus those gestures really makes the phone easier to handle. If they had a red version like the M7 did last year, I would buy all of them (just don't make it exclusive to Sprint :D).

post-75290-0-00154200-1397337549.jpg

Finally an microSD! I'd do a lot more with my M7 if it had that option

My favourite thing about this phone it is Sense 6.

It is by far the best and snappier skin someone has ever created. It makes TouchWiz feel like if you were on a 2010 phone.

I really do not understand why are not other enterprises so lagged behind in terms of performance optimization based on their skin...

Besides, it is simple and easy to use. 

I currently have the HTC One (M7).

I joined another contest, didnt win (of course).

Damnit I want one, the design / look of the new HTC One is AWESOME..

@Linus, you tested AC-WiFi yet? this puppy can do 867Mbit/s (yes 2 streams) the old One only has 1 stream (433).

Give me one, I will test with my AC WiFi Dlink router :P :P :D

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

More phones need to have metal backs... It'd be nice if you could change the battery though :unsure:

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

I like this phone because of the design, speakers and power

Solid phone, love the build and camera quality.

My favorite feature is nice aluminum design and the clean and fast android overlay :)

What I like about the M8 - It is better than my old Galaxy Stellar which shuts down when you take pictures, and has exactly 500MB of Storage for games... :D

Even if I don't win, probably gonna buy this when my contract expires at Thanksgiving.

I really like the look of the phone. IT LOOKS SO SLEEK. Also, the heft you say the phone has makes me feel like I wouldn't snap the thing in half by accident, like the feeling I got before I got my 7600mAh battery for my s4. Also, EXTERNAL SD SLOT. No more removing the battery!

I am sick and tired of the samd old plasticky samsung phones I've been using and their crappy user interface.

I would absolutely love to have an HTC One M8 so I can finally get a quality phone with the sense user interface which is much better than Samsung touchwiz. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

I have a M7 but it is really messed up after my weird rooting. This will be a good new start (because YouTube doesn't work properly on the GPE).