HTC One M8 Review & DUAL PHONE GIVEAWAY!

I'm a very heavy daily user of my old HTC and love the damn thing... but the battery life sucks.
The moderately insane battery life on the m8 is super exiting, I hope technology keeps heading in this direction. After all, what use is a flashy new toy if you don't have the juice to run it! :P
Ridiculously in-depth review, love it.

Would love to win this phone so I can get rid of my Samsung Galaxy S2. I like that the M8 has a much larger battery than my phone's battery (1800 mAh) since I usually have around 10-20% battery life at the end of the day. Also would really like to try out the phone with Sense 6.0 rather than Touchwiz. I don't usually use the speakers on my phone but I might use it more if my phone had the same speaker positions as the HTC One M8.

Linus, you're the best! You should be at PAX though, with the rest of the team!!!!

HTC ONE! nice phone in general. very good looking. better than S5 i think

Best thing about this phone is it`s Aluminium Body. Damn sexy!

I love everything about the phone :D. fav would be the phones speed/power

I really like the dual back facing cameras :D Even though some might see the depth sensing one as kinda useless, I think it would be pretty fun to play around with it. Hope I can win The All New HTC One. :)

My favorite things about the HTC One M8 are probably the build quality, the camera, the design, and the front speakers.

I've been looking for an upgrade for a while, mainly for one that is all around well-made. I currently have the original Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX with the kevlar backing, Corning Gorilla glass screen, 1.2 GHz Dual-core CPU (latest at the time of it's release), 3300 mAh battery, etc.. It has lasted me for a very long time, and continues to be a great phone. Verizon's bloatware, restrictions, monitoring apps, and overall headache-inducing way they conduct their "business" has infuriated me to the point that I sat down one day and flashed Cyanogenmod 11 on it; I'm very happy I made the switch, haha.

If I had to choose one feature of the HTC One M8, I would probably say it's processor. Even with Cyanogenmod on my current phone, making things run much more smoothly, apps continue to improve and demand more of the hardware they run on (obviously). But I choose it as my favorite, because of how crucial it is to have a strong processor. Features (including the wireless charging you mentioned...) are mostly optional (to me). I rarely use bluetooth; I don't mind using a usb charging cable rather than wireless as I would still be constricted to charging where the USB cord or wireless pad is in my home; I don't often watch many videos on my phone and when I listen to music, I usually have headphones connected, so speakers aren't of great importance to me; I currently have a micro-HDMI port on my MAXX, and have yet to use it; Anything above 8MP and 1080P I consider good, but still prefer a Go-Pro for action video, and a dedicated camera for photos. Besides that, the software part of things isn't as necessary to look at, as you can either find a replacement app, or just get a ROM that has what you're looking for (if you can't get what you want in an app). So, anymore, the biggest selling-point, to me, is the processor.

ok, i've been looking at this phone for a while and it actually looks GREAT and i'm pretty sure it performs even BETTER, my favorite feature I think is the Dual camera which let's me change the focus point in a picture even after I take it but I pretty much spend my whole day on youtube so the speakers might also be one of my favorite features in this vid.i'm also tired of the samsung phones so hopefully this is a fresh start c:

I have to say my favorite thing about the HTC One M8 is how AMAZING I think the Gunmetal Grey finish looks on this phone! It's available from every dealer/carrier I believe, and it looks absolutely astonishing!

My favorite thing about the Mate is definitely them speakers! hahaha

Let's work together!!!!! The M8 is soooooo much better than the iphone 5s that i have lol derp :P should have waited

it is a very nice phone and what i really love is those front mounted Speakers

Overall look and design combined with gunmetal color, can't get sexier than this

Thanks so much for the review! I was a little shaky on the M7 but now seeing that all skins aren't total crap like Touch Wiz I think I'll go for it :)

For me, the best thing about the M8 is that HTC brought the external card slot back. Didn't get the M7 just because of it...

I want it cause it's shiny! But, seriously, the front speakers are my favorite part of this phone. 

who wouldnt like that Audio feature. cant stand cupping my hands around mine :P ... another solid review

Really great giveaway! :) Like the M8's speaker placement and how it is built very solid. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Finally something to cheer for GIVE AWAY >..!!!!

Having used the M7 for a considerable period of time I must say one of the most unique and appealing feature of M7/M8 is its pronominal design and build quality. 

It is indeed a eye catcher. 

Cheers!!!