Restarted pc, and never started back up.

NICULL

Maytes, i have come to the linus forums once again, For the 6th time with my black screen issues. so i've basically had black screen issues on power up 4 months after building the pc and that was back in november 3 2020, I would just turn the pc on, and get absolutely nothing not even a no signal message. Every single time a different solution that makes no f*cking sense fixed it. either re seating a part, or the cmos battery or a cable or just nudging a cable slightly or just draining the power, switching the psu on and off etc literally just about every single thing you could think of to suggest has been already done and nothing really got fixed. these past 3 days after getting a new microphone and plugging it in a the next day when i turned it on black screen, i hit the reset button and it booted, same thing up until tonight when i just restarted the pc and nothing worked anymore, i unplugged the psu, drained the power, started everything back up absolutely nothing. until i decided to check my card so i unplugged the hdmi cable and plugged it back in and it booted however for some reason my keyboard did a first time power up animation as if it has been a power outage.
I have a motherboard speaker except it broke today when i took it out of my drawer one of the cables was snapped. I remember a few months back when my pc started to have its period again, i swapped around the pcie express cables and it worked and then i swapped them back to how they originally were and.. it worked. Nothing makes any fucking sense anymore and all of my friends either call it the deranged or haunted pc. All of these parts are brand new and not even 1 year old.

-MOTHERBOARD: Asus TUF b450 Plus
-CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x (stock wraith prism cooler:terminated:)
-RAM: adata xpg d10 16gb 3200mhz 2x8 kit (running at 2666mhz cause of system instability)
-GPU: RTX 2060 Zotac AMP Dual fan
-PSU: Corsair vs650 80+ Bronze
-CASE: Msi mag force 100r
-HDD: 2tb seagate sata 3 7.2k rpm
-SSD 1: 120gb emtec x150 (boot drive)
-SSD 2: WD BLUE 250gb (for certain games that absolutely hate hard drives)

I don't really know what to do anymore, i can't buy anything until summer when i get a part time job (im 16) and start saving up to replace the psu, ram and boot drive (my suspicions) i might have to end up replacing every single part until i find the issue. i cant really send anything to warranty since i live in a third world country and quality control here is basically plug it in, if it works send back if it doesnt send new part back. ive had that shit happen to me many times on other electronics. i think i lost the silicone lottery. I don't know if i can respond again to this forum tomorrow depends if my pc decides to boot into windows or not. i dont remember my email or password of this account.

heres a video recorded right after restarting the pc, and i kept trying to shut it down but it just turned off for a second and back on. i didnt even notice that the front fans werent spinning for a few seconds. God or linus please help either one of you is fine.

My only guess are either the psu or the ram, or both since i didn't know how shit they were when i bought them i looked at the specs and thought they were decent, however that bargain price maybe was too bargain.

Sometimes it used to just boot straight into windows, not even show up the splash screen sometimes not.

@NICULL - check the 24 pin power connection plug to the motherboard. Look for any scorch marks or burnt plastic to determine if you're having a dirty/unreliable connection. I had an Antec True Power 1000W do this years ago and it ended up burning pins and melting part of the plug. The PC would boot sometimes and would occasionally restart after a shutdown request.

24 minutes ago, Blai5e said:

@NICULL - check the 24 pin power connection plug to the motherboard. Look for any scorch marks or burnt plastic to determine if you're having a dirty/unreliable connection. I had an Antec True Power 1000W do this years ago and it ended up burning pins and melting part of the plug. The PC would boot sometimes and would occasionally restart after a shutdown request.

Well that's sounds exciting.. no one told me to check that yet I will do so tomorrow thanks. If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know

10 hours ago, Blai5e said:

So I checked the pins and they were all fine, then I turned on the PC and literally nothing. Fans just spinning constantly and the reset button does nothing.

IMG_20211025_105556_7.jpg

IMG_20211025_105303_3.jpg

IMG_20211025_110331_4.jpg

IMG_20211025_105321_6.jpg

On 10/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, Blai5e said:

@NICULL - doesn't look burnt but it does look a bit abused in that first photo.

There was never anything wrong with my pc. my ram sticks where in the wrong place. I will never trust a motherboard manual in my entire life ever again.