Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cooler master H500 ram and radiator clearence

Yousif-Nael
 Share

I'm in need of help! I got the Cooler Master H500 case and the Masterliquid ML240L v2 today, and I want to place radiator on the top of the case and it does not fit because of the ram hight (Corsair vengeance rgb pro)! Although I see people on PCPartPicker with the same hardware do it just fine! Is there any thing I am missing?? Please help I've been trying for 6 hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried using the slots / holes farthest away from the ram to mount the rad?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried using the slots / holes farthest away from the ram to mount the rad?

Yes! No luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yousif-Nael said:

Yes! No luck

Are you mounting the rad between the fans and case like this? 

345686.100ae1846e1bb8a841f26737a9d04cda.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you mounting the rad between the fans and case like this? 

345686.100ae1846e1bb8a841f26737a9d04cda.

Yeah I am.. is there a chance that my MB ram placement is higher than other MBS? tired of trying I did eventually place the rad in the front 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

did u know that rads in the front of the pc perform better? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Yousif-Nael said:

Yeah I am.. is there a chance that my MB ram placement is higher than other MBS? tired of trying I did eventually place the rad in the front 😞

The ram itself being mounted higher relative to the board is unlikely if the ram is properly seated. Check and make sure that they are fully inserted. 

Check the motherboard mounting screws as well to see if they are fully tightened. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, NorKris said:

did u know that rads in the front of the pc perform better? 

Yes! although my CPU is not that powerful and the front mount will affect the GPU temps (that is already high)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 3:49 AM, WoodenMarker said:

The ram itself being mounted higher relative to the board is unlikely if the ram is properly seated. Check and make sure that they are fully inserted. 

Check the motherboard mounting screws as well to see if they are fully tightened. 

The motherboard mounting screws I did not tighten at all, it came already installed.. so I guess there is the problem I am gonna try to fix it sometime. thanks for the note

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Yousif-Nael said:

Yes! although my CPU is not that powerful and the front mount will affect the GPU temps (that is already high)

Can affect. but mount is better than no mount. Try is better than no try 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this problem myself...with a Lian Li Lancool II Performance case, an X570 Asrock Gaming 4 mobo and an Aorus 240 RGB AIO to cool my 5950X CPU...bought myself 128 GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600 ram and...won't fit in my case!

 

Problem is....I love my case...do not want to swap it all out...thought about going to front mount but in the end...put the ram up for sale for what I paid for it...and switched back to Trident-Z Neo RGB 4 x 16 GB...was enough clearance with the Tridents...that was a month ago and now that Summer is on its' way [am in Australia] all of a sudden I am aware of the fact that my system is running between 68°C to 76°C and all I am doing is browsing webpages and reading emails etc...as I never game...but not happy with these temps...now thinking of going to a 360mm rad and it will have to be front mounted...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 6:22 PM, Pharr Carnell said:

I found this problem myself...with a Lian Li Lancool II Performance case, an X570 Asrock Gaming 4 mobo and an Aorus 240 RGB AIO to cool my 5950X CPU...bought myself 128 GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600 ram and...won't fit in my case!

 

Problem is....I love my case...do not want to swap it all out...thought about going to front mount but in the end...put the ram up for sale for what I paid for it...and switched back to Trident-Z Neo RGB 4 x 16 GB...was enough clearance with the Tridents...that was a month ago and now that Summer is on its' way [am in Australia] all of a sudden I am aware of the fact that my system is running between 68°C to 76°C and all I am doing is browsing webpages and reading emails etc...as I never game...but not happy with these temps...now thinking of going to a 360mm rad and it will have to be front mounted...

It's hard for me to sell the rams even with a lower price where I live, when you told me that the tridentz rams fit well it hurts me so much lol I was thinking to get them instead of the corsair ones but I cheaped out and got the corsair for 20$ less..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×