Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Epic and Ubisoft launchers are driving me crazy...

Dean0919

Epic Store is giving me a headache...

I bought today an Ubisoft game on Epic Store. Clicked to install and it started downloading. It was 65GB. Finally downloaded and now when I want to play and click to launch, it opens Ubisoft client which also asks me where to install the game and after I choose the place, it also starts downloading that game, while Epic Store already downloaded. I canceled it and then tried again, but this time I chose the same destination where epic store already has downloaded the game. I thought maybe Ubisoft launched is smart enough to detect that the destination where it's going to download files already has those files and thought it would start launching the game, but it's too dumb to understand it and still tries to download the game and it already takes another 65GB space from the start and my disk goes red. This is very frustrating...

Right now, I'm downloading it again in Ubisoft games folder and when it's finished, I plan to delete the game folder where initially Epic store downloaded the game and I hope Epic store won't give me a headache telling me that it can't detect game or I will jump from the window. Downloading 65GB also takes a lot of time and takes traffic...

Can anyone tell me any easier solution or should I just process with my current plan? Any of you had the same problem?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | WEBCAM: Fifine 1440P | OS: Windows 10 64bit

This is exactly why so many people still swear by Steam. I already avoid the Epic Store, but yeah as you've found out when buying e.g. a Ubisoft game in Steam or Epic all it does is open the Ubisoft launcher anyway. Steam luckily handles this properly in my experience.

I'd say progress with your current plan. Given that it's probably registered on your Ubisoft account anyway I'd just ignore the EGS for this game and use the Ubisoft launcher directly. Ubisoft's launcher also sucks. It hardly ever remembers my log in and their cloud save functionality is just weird as it seems to (sometimes) conflict with being able to continue your save game when toggling it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

I left it for the night to download and in the morning, I wanted to finally launch the game and now Ubisoft launcher started downloading patch which is 23GB lol, I said fine and left it and as soon as screen went off I think it stopped downloading, because it said 14 minutes were remaining from the start and after I left it to download, I started watching 50 minutes TV show and when I woke up the screen it was still downloading lol. Both epic and ubisoft launchers suck.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated | WEBCAM: Fifine 1440P | OS: Windows 10 64bit

Finally it downloaded and I launched it. You were right, I uninstalled game from the Epic store and it's still working if I launch it from the Ubisoft launcher. However I'm having another problem now... Ubisoft is giving me this game either in Russian either in Chinese... I don't speak any of those languages. This is so frustrating... And it game properties it shows me English, but inside the game, it's only those 2 languages.

image.thumb.png.c947063c92659aa53ea86bff01a24c45.png

This is my last game from Ubisoft. I'm not gonna buy anymore games from this horrid company until they change their stupid regional language locking and forcing me to play the game in a language I don't understand...

13 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

Finally it downloaded and I launched it. You were right, I uninstalled game from the Epic store and it's still working if I launch it from the Ubisoft launcher. However I'm having another problem now... Ubisoft is giving me this game either in Russian either in Chinese... I don't speak any of those languages. This is so frustrating... And it game properties it shows me English, but inside the game, it's only those 2 languages.

This is my last game from Ubisoft. I'm not gonna buy anymore games from this horrid company until they change their stupid regional language locking and forcing me to play the game in a language I don't understand...

To be honest I never had any issues with Ubisofts launcher but I also never buy Ubisoft games outside of their own store. I never used EGS but it seems like the problem starts there.

Have you started it through EGS before?

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: ASUS VG248QE

Laptop: LenovoY70-70 | i7-4820hq | 16GB 1600mhz | GTX 960M 4GB | Linux Ubuntu 18.04

13 hours ago, Dean0919 said:

"Where" did you buy the game, as in country, and are you using a VPN? Ubisoft's launcher is absolute shite when used with a VPN in my experience. It automatically sets the store and everything to the country your VPN is set to and offers nothing to change it.

There is a Russian/Chinese region locked version of the game apparently.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

15 hours ago, tikker said:

"Where" did you buy the game, as in country, and are you using a VPN? Ubisoft's launcher is absolute shite when used with a VPN in my experience. It automatically sets the store and everything to the country your VPN is set to and offers nothing to change it.

There is a Russian/Chinese region locked version of the game apparently.

No, I'm not using VPN. I bought it Epic Store. On Steam all Ubisoft games I bought were only available in Russian or Chinese because of my location. I thought maybe on Epic Store it would be different, but I was wrong.

Somehow for some weird reason Ubisoft still treats my country as CIS. If you go to wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States It clearly says:

Former member state

Country Agreement/protocol ratified Charter ratified Withdrawn Effective Notes
23px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png Georgia 3 December 1993 19 April 1994 18 August 2008 18 August 2009 Withdrew as a result of the Russo-Georgian War of 2008.

So it's a former state, withdrawn in 2009, but still Ubisoft gives me their games in those languages I don't understand. I don't have this problem with any other game publishers. Only Ubisoft games.

I refunded the game, waiting when they will send my money back. I decided to not touch any Ubisoft games, no matter how attractive they will look until they change their horrible policy regarding this problem. I'll stick with other game publishers.