All Battlefield Games Crash (Everything else works just fine)

HandyAndy

Hi, I'm new here. I checked forums, LTT and others, about this topic to no avail. 

The BF games I try to run are BF4, BF1, and BFV, all of which I can play for a few minutes or sometimes an hour, then a sudden freeze and crash to desktop.

With BF4, the crash happens with the error message of "Device Hung" 

With BF1 and BFV, the crash happens without any error message.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, Origin, Nvidia drivers, and almost every other method possible. 

I have already tried disabling Origin in-game as well as trying BFV with and without DX12. Still crashes. 

It usually happens in the main menu, but it has happened during a match about 25% of the time.

I have also tried using older and up to date versions of Nvidia drivers, but still crashes.

I used to be able to play BF4 without any issues at ultra quality, but even on low quality in game settings, it will crash with the device hung error.

BFV and BF1 are at their lowest in game settings, and again, with and without DX12, it will crash.

I've also tried disabling XMP profiles, lowering my RAM MHz count from 3200 to 3000.

I've also tried to lower RAM and CPU voltage count, still doesn't fix the issue.

I truly don't know what else to do!

Literally any other game runs perfectly fine, Warzone, Batman Arkham, any title but Battlefield, but now I'm wondering if it's actually DICE's games that just... aren't working?? This is where I am frustrated because I know my PC can handle it fine.

Any suggestions that I haven't heard or tried yet would be extremely helpful. Also, if anyone else is having similar issues, it would be nice to hear from you too.

In addition, I've also monitored my PC component usage with RivaTuner and have found nothing to be of concern or even close to "maxing out" on certain values.

PC:

i5-10600k at 4.8 GHz (issue happens with or without OC)

GTX 1080 Ti (issue happens with or without OC)

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-H

32 GB 3200 MHz Crucial Ballistix Ram

1000W PSU

Thank you!

Can you check Event Viewer > Software for details of what crashed? This sounds like either your graphics driver is crashing.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Try disabling the Origin Helper Service in Origin settings, then restart origin (with Origin in-game disabled).

15 minutes ago, HandyAndy said:

lower RAM and CPU voltage count, still doesn't fix the issue.

I believe that would make it worse.

I think I have had issues that were extremely similar, I think it had something to do with having fraps, MSI afterburner, Riva tuner, and/or something else that was running in the background. I think it messes with Origin stuff or something.

@Levent I'm much more hardware-oriented, so forgive me if I haven't got this right, but is this what you're looking for? This is for BF4, however there are none for BFV.

EventLog.PNG