Using metallic thermal compound on my HP Omen 15

Manex

Hello everybody, I own a HP Omen that is rocking a mighty i5-8300H and a GTX1050, since I bought it I have never changed it's thermal paste, so, after informing a bit around internet I have seen that people is replacing laptop classic thermal paste with metallic one and manage to decrease around 20-10 ºC which is huge thermal performance spike, that will let me maybe overclocking GPU a little bit and squeezing out some FPS of it, which would be great.

Anyway, after watching some videos reading comments etc... I have some concerns about this upgrade:

• Chemical reaction, some comments say that gallium slowly chemically reacts with the copper of the cooling pad, after some time leaving an air gap between the dye and the cooler, is this true, how many time does it take to this to happen?
  • Oxidation and corrosion, does the gallium react with oxigen and end up with corrosion all over the place?
  • Leaking it out of the dye and shorting anything in it's path, does it really happen, does adding some electrical tape around it do the work or silicone? any other ideas?

If anyone has done this upgrade to their laptop and has opened it after a year or more please can you give me some advice and tell your experience, which are the best preventions I can take to potential problems?