What cable is Linus using to hook up Xbox 360 controller to PC?

Xuvoc

I am trying to hook up my xbox 360 wireless controller to my pc so I can play Halo Infinite when it comes out. I tried the wireless dongle/adapter, but I experienced noticeable latency. However, in LTT's latest video titled "Why Is AMD Selling Broken PlayStation," Linus yet again hooks up his xbox 360 controller using a cable which I have no idea about. I've tried searching online for the cable, but the only result I get is the "xbox 360 charging cable." I don't believe this is the same cable Linus is using in the video (timestamp: 10:40 and 16:52), for which re

ason I would love some feedback on this matter. 

I'm guessing your controller is one of these, probably Micro-B or Mini-B. You'll want a cable that converts your controller's connector to any "Type A" connection so you can plug it into your PC. Though since your controller is wireless, it might not be able to do a wired connection, but I don't know too much about that part exactly. 

spacer.png

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

IIRC its adapter cable to USB. Same as with wireless where you would need specific dongle. The XBOne controllers were directly compatible with Win10 computers.

So this for wired https://www.amazon.com/Breakaway-Adapter-Replacement-Microsoft-Controllers/dp/B08YR4XVT3/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+360+pc+adapter&qid=1635066522&sr=8-4

This for wireless https://www.ebay.com/itm/224443656330?hash=item3441e2688a:g:28EAAOSwqqJb14zp

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, Xuvoc said:

I am trying to hook up my xbox 360 wireless controller to my pc so I can play Halo Infinite when it comes out. I tried the wireless dongle/adapter, but I experienced noticeable latency. However, in LTT's latest video titled "Why Is AMD Selling Broken PlayStation," Linus yet again hooks up his xbox 360 controller using a cable which I have no idea about. I've tried searching online for the cable, but the only result I get is the "xbox 360 charging cable." I don't believe this is the same cable Linus is using in the video (timestamp: 10:40 and 16:52), for which re

ason I would love some feedback on this matter. 

It's probably just a standard USB charging cable, like the one you'd use to charge you mobile. 

As long as it fits in the controller it'll work.

That's what I use, at any rate, and it works for both my Xbox One controller and my ps4 controller.

Its most likely just a regular USB cable. There is a program that adds support that emulates Xbox 1 controllers through Xbox 360 controllers as well as playstation 3 and 4 controllers. Its called SCP toolkit

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the amazing feedback. I'll make sure to try every one of your suggestions (by end of November since infinite comes out on December) and post an update as to which one worked 😄 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I have come to the conclusion that Xbox 360 WIRELESS controllers are incompatible with PC, and only third-party receivers/dongles work. As for the GH receiver, that didn't do any good. However, Xbox 360 WIRED controllers CAN be hooked up to your PC. So, if you want to play games on PC and have the SAME experience as you would on a console, either buy a new Xbox 360 controller with the adapter or buy an OFFICIAL Xbox 360 WIRED controller. I hope this helps 😄

P.S. Linus was using a wired controller, not a wireless one