Samsung Odyssey G5 27" | Xbox Series X

popsters
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,
1 hour ago, popsters said:

Im from the UK and dont want to spend much more £300 for a second monitior

Go for the Gigabyte M27Q. It's as good as it gets for your budget.

I have the Xbox Series X and am looking to get a new second display since my primary is a 34" ultrawide so when ever i use the xbox on it, it has black bars. Ive been searching for a little bit and came across the Samsung Odyssey G5 27" which seems like its got good value and fuffils the specs that im looking for. I was wondering whether anyone could let me know if it supports 1440p 120hz with the xbox.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Odyssey-LC27G55TQWRXXU-Curved-Monitor/dp/B08WWJGVVZ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=SAMSUNG+Odyssey+G5+Series+27-Inch+WQHD+(2560x1440)+Gaming+Monitor%2C+144Hz%2C+Curved%2C+1ms%2C+HDMI%2C+Display+Port%2C+FreeSync+Premium+(LC27G55TQWNXZA)&linkCode=gs3&qid=1635009701&sr=8-3

Just so you know, using 2560x1440 on your 34" ultrawide will result in the exact same monitor size than a 27" 1440p monitor. Buying a 2nd screen for that is useless, as your main monitor can already perfectly simulate that size/resolution.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, Stahlmann said:

Just so you know, using 2560x1440 on your 34" ultrawide will result in the exact same monitor size than a 27" 1440p monitor. Buying a 2nd screen for that is useless, as your main monitor can already perfectly simulate that size/resolution.

I get that however i am in need for a new second monitor and one that will support the series x well would be perfect

4 hours ago, popsters said:

I get that however i am in need for a new second monitor and one that will support the series x well would be perfect

Either way, stay away from Samsung monitors. They have terrible to non-existent quality control and their G5 monitors use older and slow VA panels.

What's your maxumum budget and region?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

They should rename themself to 'Scamsung'.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

19 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Either way, stay away from Samsung monitors. They have terrible to non-existent quality control and their G5 monitors use older and slow VA panels.

What's your maxumum budget and region?

1 hour ago, popsters said:

Go for the Gigabyte M27Q. It's as good as it gets for your budget.